Pool Robot

KMcGriz

Jun 28, 2020
MA
Hello All,

My husband and I just purchased a home with a lovely SWG pool and so far, it's going pretty well.

As noted in my signature, it's a fiberglass pool as well as kidney shaped with curved rather than 90 deg edges. Growing up we had a 20x40 vinyl and the last few years of ownership, my parents broke down and bought a pool robot- it was a game changer! Obviously that was a much bigger pool than what I have now but I'm curious what others suggest for a fiberglass/ SWG. I've been reading blogs and online reviews but it's hard to know what/ who to trust

Preferences- clean the waterline; easy to clean filters; don't scuff the fiberglass; parts don't rust with saltwater; don't miss large sections; don't get hung up on the main drain (though easy enough to redirect)

Any thought?

Thank you!

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Welcome to the forum!
Many of us have the Maytronics Dolphin line of robots -- including myself. The basic one is the Active20/S200. Will clean your pool as you describe.
I suggest you call Marina Pool Spa in Denver, CO and discuss with them your needs/desires. They have very good prices and customer service.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

KMcGriz

Jun 28, 2020
MA
Thank you! That article is really helpful to pull together how the chemicals interact. I haven’t found any that were as succinct and straightforward.
And your suggestion on the robot was also perfect! It reaffirmed the direction to go in