Added some additional rows to the table in the post above. The battery capacity is puzzling because the Blue Nexus (if it really has a 28.6Ah battery) has 1/3rd the battery life of the BeatBot.

ItemBeatBot ProBeatBotBlue Nexus
Battery Capacity10,400 mAh6,700 mAh28,600 mAh (unsure if this was a typo, requesting clarification)
Battery LifeUp to 9.5 hoursUp to 3.5 hoursUp to 3.5 hours
Battery Charge Time~3 hours~3 hours
Pump Lifespan5+ years
Battery Lifespan3+ years
Button lifespan100k+ presses
HeatUp to 122F
HumidityUp to 85%
Salt168 hours
Retail$2199 ($1799 pre-order)$1299 ($1099 pre-order)$1399

Last edited:
Also, is the humidity rating of 85% related to the charging period? Us in the south may have issues as humidity can be easily above 90%. Would we need to keep the unit inside when charging rather than in a garage or shed?

Can you explain the Salt row?

Also, is the humidity rating of 85% related to the charging period? Us in the south may have issues as humidity can be easily above 90%. Would we need to keep the unit inside when charging rather than in a garage or shed?

Afraid I don't know the answer to either of these questions. The lifespan, heat, humidity and salt numbers are what they post on the endurance testing section of the web site. I'll follow up and get clarification.

I'm in Florida too so 85% humidity is concerning as that's not an uncommon humidity percentage.

Reactions: HermanTX
I got a non-answer to my question about if the testing numbers cited on their web site were submerged or out of the water. All they would tell me is it was tested in a "controlled lab setting for accelerated corrosion testing".

I've asked again as this would be a show stopper in the south if the device can't cope with humidity percentage higher than 85% for extended periods.

So the controlled lab environment for salt, humidity and heat testing must have been submerged. This is their updated response when I expressed my concern about extended multi-weeks above 85% humidity.

AquaSense Pro can operate normally and be stored in this humidity

Very much appreciate your insight @gadgetlady.

Couple points to consider,

1. The Blue Nexus retail is $1399 which is actually more expensive than the low end retail price of Beatbot AquaSense (and considerably above its pre-order price)
  2. The Blue Nexus retail of $1399 is not far away from the pre-order price for the AquaSense Pro.
  3. Sublue demoed the Blue Nexus Pro at CES but I've not seen any specs or details on it. I'm guessing the Pro Blue Nexus would be closer feature wise to the AquaSense Pro.

Had I been aware of either the Blue Nexus Pro or the Beatbot, I'm not sure I would have gotten the Blue Nexus. However, what I paid is significantly lower.

As an aside, the Blue Nexus does NOT clean stairs. We have fairly wide stairs and it just doesn't get up there, no how no way. Even if I start it on the stairs, it just goes down to the bottom and never comes back up on them. I was told by Sublue that it did clean stairs, so I'm not happy about that.

Reactions: lindend
Nobody here has met a robot yet that cleans stairs. So I would not get too mad about that.

Now, we also have not tested the Beatbot yet.
My very old (first gen) Roomba product did my stairs. Of course, that was a different house, different pool, different stairs configuration - but it did them.

The thing that annoys me is that Sublue told me it would do the stairs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.