Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello all,

I love reading through the threads on this site. Extremely insightful!!

I'm remodeling my pool DIY(for the most part) and have a few questions
1. Are the new "Updated" Pentair Intellibrites 12v LED lights good or am I better off going with all CMP Brilliant Wonders niche less LEDs? I am planning to use Intellibrites on the ends and the CMPs on the side. Pool size roughly 36'x15'.
2 Will the Pentair Intelliflow 011056 pump be sufficient for 6 bubblers? Depth of shelf 10" desired Plume height 12 to 18 inches.
3. Trying to calculate how many GPM required for a 12 foot long spillover .125 to .25 inch thick (at the lip). Can I use a standard Weir calculation?
4. Will a Fiberglass Hot Tub diverter valve work in a gunite application for diverting some blower air the the spa floor, for added bubbles? Air Supply 2Hp 240v Blower , 10 Waterway power storm jets,

Thank you in advance
Jeff

I'm remodeling my pool DIY(for the most part) and have a few questions
1. Are the new "Updated" Pentair Intellibrites 12v LED lights good or am I better off going with all CMP Brilliant Wonders niche less LEDs? I am planning to use Intellibrites on the ends and the CMPs on the side. Pool size roughly 36'x15'.

All pool LED lights seem to have questionable life spans. I would give the CMP lights a try.

2 Will the Pentair Intelliflow 011056 pump be sufficient for 6 bubblers? Depth of shelf 10" desired Plume height 12 to 18 inches.

It should. Bubblers don't need a lot of flow. But it depends what other equipment you have in the water loop - filter, heater, other water features, etc.

3. Trying to calculate how many GPM required for a 12 foot long spillover .125 to .25 inch thick (at the lip). Can I use a standard Weir calculation?

Why do you care? With a VS pump you adjust the flow for whatever you desire.

And if you have automation with a SPILLOVER mode you should sue it and not run your spillover constantly. Running the spillover causes aeration which raises the pH faster in the pool.

4. Will a Fiberglass Hot Tub diverter valve work in a gunite application for diverting some blower air the the spa floor, for added bubbles? Air Supply 2Hp 240v Blower , 10 Waterway power storm jets,

You have a link to the Fiberglass Hot Tub diverter valve?

All pool LED lights seem to have questionable life spans. I would give the CMP lights a try.
Ok.

It should. Bubblers don't need a lot of flow. But it depends what other equipment you have in the water loop - filter, heater, other water features, etc.
3 pumps: Spa, Bubbler Features, Filter

Why do you care? With a VS pump you adjust the flow for whatever you desire.

And if you have automation with a SPILLOVER mode you should sue it and not run your spillover constantly. Running the spillover causes aeration which raises the pH faster in the pool.
Spa Spillover is 2 feet wide. Controlled by Filter Pump(Not an Issue)
Upper Fountain Spill over is 3 feet wide, Lower Fountain/Bubbler Spillover Feature is 12 feet wide.
I care because I want to make sure I have an adequate flow...not a trickle. VS Pumps still have limits.
I was thinking I may need to have one of the filter pump pool returns go to the upper fountain. And/Or eliminate one of the Bubblers on the Baha Shelf.
1632435989393.png

You have a link to the Fiberglass Hot Tub diverter valve?
Something like this: 2" 3 Way Diverter Valve: Hot Tub Parts for Spas - Quality Spa Parts Company

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.