Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello all,

I love reading through the threads on this site. Extremely insightful!!

I'm remodeling my pool DIY(for the most part) and have a few questions
1. Are the new "Updated" Pentair Intellibrites 12v LED lights good or am I better off going with all CMP Brilliant Wonders niche less LEDs? I am planning to use Intellibrites on the ends and the CMPs on the side. Pool size roughly 36'x15'.
2 Will the Pentair Intelliflow 011056 pump be sufficient for 6 bubblers? Depth of shelf 10" desired Plume height 12 to 18 inches.
3. Trying to calculate how many GPM required for a 12 foot long spillover .125 to .25 inch thick (at the lip). Can I use a standard Weir calculation?
4. Will a Fiberglass Hot Tub diverter valve work in a gunite application for diverting some blower air the the spa floor, for added bubbles? Air Supply 2Hp 240v Blower , 10 Waterway power storm jets,

Thank you in advance
Jeff

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I'm remodeling my pool DIY(for the most part) and have a few questions
1. Are the new "Updated" Pentair Intellibrites 12v LED lights good or am I better off going with all CMP Brilliant Wonders niche less LEDs? I am planning to use Intellibrites on the ends and the CMPs on the side. Pool size roughly 36'x15'.

All pool LED lights seem to have questionable life spans. I would give the CMP lights a try.

2 Will the Pentair Intelliflow 011056 pump be sufficient for 6 bubblers? Depth of shelf 10" desired Plume height 12 to 18 inches.

It should. Bubblers don't need a lot of flow. But it depends what other equipment you have in the water loop - filter, heater, other water features, etc.

3. Trying to calculate how many GPM required for a 12 foot long spillover .125 to .25 inch thick (at the lip). Can I use a standard Weir calculation?

Why do you care? With a VS pump you adjust the flow for whatever you desire.

And if you have automation with a SPILLOVER mode you should sue it and not run your spillover constantly. Running the spillover causes aeration which raises the pH faster in the pool.

4. Will a Fiberglass Hot Tub diverter valve work in a gunite application for diverting some blower air the the spa floor, for added bubbles? Air Supply 2Hp 240v Blower , 10 Waterway power storm jets,

You have a link to the Fiberglass Hot Tub diverter valve?

Jeff_TX

Jan 13, 2021
DFW TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
All pool LED lights seem to have questionable life spans. I would give the CMP lights a try.
Ok.

It should. Bubblers don't need a lot of flow. But it depends what other equipment you have in the water loop - filter, heater, other water features, etc.
3 pumps: Spa, Bubbler Features, Filter

Why do you care? With a VS pump you adjust the flow for whatever you desire.

And if you have automation with a SPILLOVER mode you should sue it and not run your spillover constantly. Running the spillover causes aeration which raises the pH faster in the pool.
Spa Spillover is 2 feet wide. Controlled by Filter Pump(Not an Issue)
Upper Fountain Spill over is 3 feet wide, Lower Fountain/Bubbler Spillover Feature is 12 feet wide.
I care because I want to make sure I have an adequate flow...not a trickle. VS Pumps still have limits.
I was thinking I may need to have one of the filter pump pool returns go to the upper fountain. And/Or eliminate one of the Bubblers on the Baha Shelf.
1632435989393.png

You have a link to the Fiberglass Hot Tub diverter valve?
Something like this: 2" 3 Way Diverter Valve: Hot Tub Parts for Spas - Quality Spa Parts Company

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread