Pool Quotes - Raleigh, NC

Update/non-update...

Still waiting on our permit from the city to come through. We were told it was 7-10 days, and today is day 9. Apparently it is with the zoning team, and they incorrectly reported that we have an internet line running where the pool will be -- the internet line runs through our front yard, so we don't know what is going on there. So very hopeful this gets resolved quickly, and we can start digging next week. Our current planned gunite date is 8/13.

We also met with a gas company yesterday about installing an underground 500lb propane tank, replacing our current 100lb above-ground one. We've talked to 3 companies, and the one from yesterday is who we'll go with. They'll tie into our existing lines (for our oven/stove, fireplace and grill outside), then run the lines to the heater and fire pit from the tank.

Here is my suggestion for you.................throw about any calendars dealing with the pool. They will only give you a sad. What you can do instead is list what needs to be done and cross if off when it is done.

-Permits submitted
-Permits approved
-pool painted on yard
-dig started
-dig done
-rebar done
-plumbing done
-electric done (these 3 can happen in different order depending on the PB and how they do things)
-decking done
-shell shot
-tile done
-plaster done
-FIRST SWIM!!

Kim:kim:

Build progress, day 1... they started scraping our grass to start forms, but the rain moved in before they could do much. So the mud has officially begun, just minus the hole. Weather is supposed to be optimal tomorrow (low 80s & low humidity), so hopefully the rain today/tonight won't impact that much.

Attachments

• Day1_1.jpg
    Day1_1.jpg
    848.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Day1_2.jpg
    Day1_2.jpg
    682.7 KB · Views: 65
Let the mud begin!!!!

If I had those toys in my yard I would be finding a way to drive them!!! I have talked my way into a crane when it was working in my neighbors yard. THAT was FUN!!!

CUTE story newdude!

They showed this morning at 8 to paint and set the stakes and started digging around noon. Still at it, and we’re getting so excited. We also expanded our spa to 9’ instead of 7’ once we took a look at it relative to the rest of the pool, shifted some benches and are adding a jump rock as another fun spot separate from the grotto. Our PB let my hubby do a couple scoops of the dirt, and our 4yo has pretty much acted as the supervisor all day. Pictures to come!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
sometime around this point, with a giant hole and a literal mountain of dirt, the sheer size and scope of the project hit me. I’ve been on job sites with all phases of construction 1000 times. But my own yard displaced like that ?? It was an ‘Ooooooooooohhhhhhh fuuuuuuuuuuuuudge’ moment in slow motion

Yeah, up until the first scoops, you’re only out a relatively small amount. After that, the destruction and commitment increases significantly. As does the excitement level!!

A few more changes made today - we extended the shallow end by 6’ to account for the grade required to go from 4’6” to 8’ - the crew onsite did some additional shaping to help it flow and match the pool shape on both ends. Next is stub plumbing and rebar! The dark pic is my husband and his best friend checking out the deep end tonight with a beer and to show scale.

Attachments

• 008962D3-CF5B-448F-B28A-00CD56FB4708.jpeg
    008962D3-CF5B-448F-B28A-00CD56FB4708.jpeg
    378.4 KB · Views: 103
  • AFA175DE-E6B5-4ABE-97E3-5BEC54C02CBF.jpeg
    AFA175DE-E6B5-4ABE-97E3-5BEC54C02CBF.jpeg
    792.1 KB · Views: 101
I see many "Hear hold my beer" moments with those two!!! LOL Never a dull moment if they are ANYthing like my hubby and his friends :roll:

Yes, you've nailed that perfectly. They've been bffs since birth, and we moved to NC to be closer to them 2 years ago and live in the same neighborhood. Hubby's bff has already laid claim to his 40th bday party at our pool next summer, including hiring a band. :cool:

Does every window on the back side of your house have nose prints from watching ? Mine sure did. 'Everybody COME see it from HERE!!!!!! '

• Haha
Reactions: darceync

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.