Pool project

May 28, 2022
Cincinnati, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So our pool is basically done, a few last minute things to finish. Covered patio (where old patio was) and a little more landscaping for more green.

Now that we are finishing up, I feel like I’m second guessing everything. 😭
Which obviously is too late. We went privacy fence, because we have homes all around us. And we also have a retaining wall step up, because of yard elevations and so our pool didn’t end up being a mud bath.
I second guess, design (I always wanted a kidney shape, but we would’ve been waiting much longer to install due to supply/Covid), figuring out how to do retaining wall differently, making all of our backyard concrete/gravel to not have to cut a small strip of grass, size I feel like it is too big sometimes (we have 3 kids so with friends it’s really not.)

Do you feel like it looks good? Everyone that comes over says it’s awesome. But, now I’m wondering if they’re just saying that.?
I’m having so much anxiety over this, but also really thankful and just want to enjoy it!

Attachments

• 21515A83-7CBF-43A4-8246-07E8B850669C.jpeg
    21515A83-7CBF-43A4-8246-07E8B850669C.jpeg
    589.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Welcome to TFP.

Looks great!

As the kids grow and their friends come over that pool will become smaller.

Reactions: darlingswimmer
I SO feel you!!! Everyone second guesses what they are doing and have done. There is nothing wrong with that BUT now I want you to do something for me! Go wake up all the people in the house and have breakfast by the pool in that wonderful yard YOU made happen! Then throw them all in the pool to finish their waking up!!!

That pool and area is a work of art! There is nothing I would change about it!! I have helped design many a pool and your is just right!

Now lets talk about taking care of that wonderful work of art out there! How are you testing the water? What are you using to add chlorine to the pool?

Kim:kim:

I SO feel you!!! Everyone second guesses what they are doing and have done. There is nothing wrong with that BUT now I want you to do something for me! Go wake up all the people in the house and have breakfast by the pool in that wonderful yard YOU made happen! Then throw them all in the pool to finish their waking up!!!

That pool and area is a work of art! There is nothing I would change about it!! I have helped design many a pool and your is just right!

Now lets talk about taking care of that wonderful work of art out there! How are you testing the water? What are you using to add chlorine to the pool?

Kim:kim:

Thank you so much for saying those nice things, I appreciate it soooo much.
I think in my mind I had other “plans” that had to be accommodated due to structure/Covid/supply issues etc. We tried to choose the best we could with the options given and not having to wait 3 years to get a pool put in (we already waited almost 2), deposit put down in July 2020. With such a big investment I think it’s hard not to think “what if”. But, I just need some reassurance to move on and enjoy what we have.
We have a pool frog. Adding about 2 gal shock every week. Testing with strips at home and also at the pool shop for better accuracy. The first week, we had to put a lot of chemicals in to get everything right. Since then, it’s been chlorine and pool clear.. minimal other chemicals.

a pool frog.
I see a future problem. I have a link for you to read:

The main one I want you to read is about minerals in the pool. If you do a search here on TFP for Frog you will see MANY threads about how expensive they are and the problems they cause over time :(

Using liquid chlorine or a SWG as seen here: SWG How It Works - Further Reading is MUCH better for your plaster and swimming enjoyment.

I am sure you will have lots of questions after reading this. PLEASE ask any and all you might have! I just want your pool to stay clean and clear and be Trouble Free!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.