mikeyliny

Oct 14, 2020
long island, new york
Recently I was looking into purchasing a swimming training platform to put into an existing fiberglass pool, to raise the floor for younger kids to go into a more shallow area of the pool (see image). Turns out they are rather expensive and I am wondering if I might build one myself. They generally seem to be made of plastic, but I am wondering if I might use other types of materials that would be safe to use in a fiberglass, saltwater pool without corrosion or affecting the chemical balance of the pool. Does anyone know for instance if there are types of metals (ie aluminum, steel etc.) , woods (teak etc.) that might be used safely in the pool for constructing one of these platforms without causing these issues?

1626890837613.png

I would think plastic would be the only way to go. Also, most fiberglass pools do not have much flat area. Not sure how that will work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.