Pool Party and FC

BPool18

Jun 14, 2018
Cincinnati, OH
Seen a few recommendations around here - just looking to see how much higher I should have my FC prior to a pool party tomorrow - about 10-15 adults and 5 small kiddos.

Re timing- should I add the boost about an hour prior?

Use liquid chlorine. I suggest raising your FC to 20% of CYA before the party. Test after and ensure you are above target. Leave the SWCG settings alone.

According to pool math if you add a a gal of 10% chlorine you’ll get about a 5 ppm rise in FC.

I’ve seen treads recommend between 3-5 ppm extra. An hour prior should give it plenty of time to mix. If you are going to boost using your swg then you’d want to figure out how long it would take to get a 3-5 ppm rise from it but I think liquid chlorine would be preferred and easier.

I would lean more to Mknauss's way of thinking on this. Its hard enough getting the SWG dialed in as it is.

The reason you want to use liquid chlorine is that it provides *instant* increase in FC. Turning the SWG up would be far too slow, as that's how they work.

Go for the liquid and have a great party tomorrow!

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.