Pool opening 2024

There is a glitch with android where the keyboard blocks the chemical addition info area towards the bottom. Press 'done' to minimize the keyboard and see the area underneath it.

Only add 10 CYA though, not 20.

That's OK. It takes a minute to get your pool sea legs back. :)

Dose to 8 FC everyday for now until you see several days respond the same to know what your current daily loss is. So if you find a 5.5, add 2.5. (Etc).

You will have to test after to confirm while the old bleach lasts. Once you're using this years supply, you can just trust its good.
Not sure what u mean by adding 10 CYA ??? I know my CYA is only 25. A little low. But remember last year how high it was. So thats a good sign. I just need to know why i need to add muriatic acid if my pH is 8?? And what amount should ny target FC be so i know how much to add of bleach tonight to keep it in the normal range whatever that is? ☺️

Not sure what u mean by adding 10 CYA ???
Increase the CYA 10. Buy a 4lb powdered bag of 'stabilizer' at Walmart, Home Depot or Lowes and put 1lb of it in a sock, tied up in front of a return, carrot on a stick like. Tomorrow it will squish out easily.

Kinda funny we are having you add CYA when last year it was halfway to the moon. Good times. :cheers:

I just need to know why i need to add muriatic acid if my pH is 8?
8 is on the fence high. Not terrible and not great either. You can wait a bit, or just dose it back into the 7s now.
And what amount should ny target FC be so i know how much to add of bleach tonight to keep it in the normal range whatever that is? ☺️
Target 8 FC for now when you add chlorine. If you find the daily loss is still low, then we can lower it a bit but it's going to get hot real soon so there's no harm in just using 8 as your high point of the day.

Remember to check after with the old gallons from last year. It's a crud shoot how.strong they are.

Good morning on memorial day. Just did ALL tests. Here they r.
FC. Is 7.5
Ph still about 8
TA. Is 90
CC is none
CH is 50.
CYA is still about 20-25.

So from what i see. The FC is pretty good.
The pH is just a tad high
The TA is not bad at all
CC is petfect
CH is perfect
CYA is low. Amaxing. So i guess as u say to lower pH a tad and raise CYA a bit
That should be it for now Correct??
But my pool is still very Aqua in color?? When will that change to the sparkling blue i had last year??
Lastly just to review add some muriatic acid to lower the pH and the stabilizer to increase CYA and a little more bleach to keep FC at 8.
When things are good the FC should always stay about 5 ppm?? Please reply with each of my queries. Really want to get this right😊

I just added 22 oz of muriatic acid to lower the pH. I will go and pick up the stabilizer to increase the CYA. Any name brand i should be looking for?? And if i do this sock trick today how long do i keep it in the pool and what do u mean about it being squishy tomorrow. Does that mean take it out??

I see at walmart they have clorox chlorone pool stabilizer for about $20 for a 4 lb bad is this ok. Also please let me know if i can follow the instructions on all of those manufacturers to add this powder to a bucket of water or to add the powder SLOWLY to a skimmer and recirculate. Os this fine instead of the sock. And for my pool total gallons of about 11000 gallons i would need to add a little over 1 lb of this powder to the skimmer? Can i measure the 1 lb by using the same graduated measuring cup i do with my liquid bleach.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 0
Clorox stabilizer is fine to use.
Use 1 # by weight
There’s 4# in the bag so You can eyeball a 1/4 of a bag.
Put it in a sock 🧦 & tie it up. Hang the sock infront of a running return & it will get Squishy. Just squeeze the sock every now & then until it is all dissolved.
Do not pour it in the skimmer like the bag says

So i guess as u say to lower pH a tad and raise CYA a bit
That should be it for now Correct??
Yup. And dose FC daily.

I see at walmart they have clorox chlorone pool stabilizer for about $20 for a 4 lb bad is this ok.
It is.

Can i measure the 1 lb by using the same graduated measuring cup i do with my liquid bleach.
Just eyeball 1/4 of the package. It's going in 11k gallons and even if you dosed it perfect, the googley eye test is far from perfect. :brickwall::ROFLMAO:

Adding 10 ish, is plenty good enough for CYA.

Can u guys see my additions to my pool from what u guys have suggested. As what i just added the 22 oz of muriatic acid as suggested?
Yup. It shows.

Screenshot_20240527_113322_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I want to buy a new pressure gauge but u guys recommended a center mount version. I am looking on Walmart site and there are so many and u want to save some money and buy the least expensive one can u help. I am attaching some pics and hopefully u can advise which ine and i will put it in my cart and pick up tomorrow. Pic #1 shows thr back mount. Pic #2 show the bottom mount and pic 3 shows the side mount . Which one please. Or maybe u can find the correct one on walmart for me. It is closest to where i work?? Thank u☺️

Attachments

• IMG_9569.jpeg
    IMG_9569.jpeg
    503.4 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    578.2 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    522.8 KB · Views: 8
Can someone give me an idea since all my numbers are getting so close and i am following all the directions when my pool may turn from aqua green to blue??
You're holding FC fine so it's not algae related, it's probably just a matter of giving the filter time to make up for being off for 7+ months.

Last year took a week or two. Sand filters aren't the fastest but they do get there eventually.

Pic #1 shows thr back mount
I'd go with the back mount.

Get a glycerin filled one like the gauge from TFtestkits recommended earlier. They last longer. Before I started using them, I had to replace the gauge every year or two. When I finally bought a glycerin filled one, it was still working when I sold the house 6 years later.

If you don't buy from TFtestkits, here is one with a smaller pressure range on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Filter-Press...ssure+gauge+center+mount,industrial,84&sr=1-5

Picking up the stabilizer today from Walmart. Leave the sock in the pool until all powder dissolved? It rained like a fiend yesterday most of the day. Torrential downpours. What will that have done to my pool. I will check tonight when i get home. But what do u think might have happened?

Leave the sock in the pool until all powder dissolved?
Let it soak for some hours. At some point it will squish right out. (Being careful not to lose any out the top). If it's not ready yet, let it be, even until tomorrow. It's no rush.
It rained like a fiend yesterday most of the day. Torrential downpours. What will that have done to my pool.
4 inches of rain will dilute you about 10% in 4 ft. If your FC was an 8, you'd be down to 7.2 and maybe even test it as 7.5. So not much.

When everything is in range it's negligible. Your friends and neighbors get into trouble because they were already spiraling out of control when the rain hit, and that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

It's all I ever heard about from my many friends with pools. They'd all go cloudy or green with every storm and I did NOT want a pool because of that headache. Having a proper FC level, and a little wiggle room, made me never have that issue once.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support