Calvomd

Jun 14, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Hello, my pump motor starting making loud noises so I had it fixed. Went from a Hayward to a Jacuzzi brand. When installing the new motor I did the wiring as instructed, when turned on, my pump makes a normal sound now but it does not work. Does that make sense? I hear the sound but there is no water movement.
Here are some pics (wiring is temporary until I make sure it is working, in addition, this motor does not have a thread for the conduit elbow)

Attachments

• DBB21813-B508-43A0-9A56-360E2A63C5B6.jpeg
    DBB21813-B508-43A0-9A56-360E2A63C5B6.jpeg
    745.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 18A176DC-4B55-488E-A10C-1A13BBBDD43A.jpeg
    18A176DC-4B55-488E-A10C-1A13BBBDD43A.jpeg
    542.3 KB · Views: 14
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Are you still working on that pump/motor? When you say it's making a normal sound but not working, can you explain? Does the motor even come on when power is applied? If you fill-up the pump basket full of water, does the water get pulled-out and into the filter? Who installed the impeller and other parts to the new motor?

Pat, the Hayward system (pump basket) is in tact from the pictures. He just swapped out the motor, and that is it. The wiring may be from the top, but usually it is from the back and side. There is usually 2 hot wires and a ground wire, that run to the timer. I really only know my set up and if the pump breaks again, I will replace only the motor, and not everything. Hopefully Calvo will chime in if he resolved the issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.