Pool Math........The App

Id like to take a second and attempt to address a few of these comments. I apologize for the delayed answers as I’m currently tied up slightly working with a third party on another project that TFP is undergoing at this time. Hopefully this will assist some and if you continue to have major issues please feel free to email us at [email protected]

1. For SWG output, for the Hayward T-9 Cell is shows daily output is .7 lbs/day. Not sure where that came from, according to Haywards site it's .98 lbs/day. All three cells seem to be slightly off compared to Hayward's output specs for their cells. Here's link to Hayward, this shows output for each as follows:

Hopefully @JoyfulNoise will chime in here as mich of the SWG setup was his working behind the scenes. He’s used a chart from somewhere that listed many of the SWG’s plus did some research on others to get the numbers. We’ve clearly got some additional products to add plus double checking on existing products but I suspect we’re close on what’s here. As a reassurance, assuming you’re running the SWG for 8 hours at 75% and a 10k gallon pool, you’re looking less than a 1ppm difference in the numbers you’ve listed.

Have your tried re-starting your phone? Usually when I have an app that won't work I try that first.

@Leebo Will re-installing the app cause a loss of stored data?

Take your phone, smash it, then toss it into the ocean. Walk to the nearest Apple store and buy a new iPhone. Download PoolMath and login again. Your data will still be there. As I type this today (hint that this may someday change) your data is saved on a remote server NOT on your device. This is why Gene Cleans request to use the App without a cell signal is more difficult that it seems. All of this may change in the future as the app progresses but for today deleting the app shouldn’t result in data loss.

That's what I've done, but if the Summary page reports the # of times the filter was back flushed then it should be easy to show the date of that event. Seems this was overlooked and opportunity for reporting.

Something like that is a great idea, and one we’ve tinkered with. Only holdback is that the way we wish to achieve this idea is going to result in the creation of another page. This page will need to be created from scratch. Between creating the UI for this page, designing the layout, and wiring up all the data this takes a good bit of time. The idea is a good one, and one we’re looking at for the future, we just can’t say when the future is. Jon and I both tend to only focus on one task at a time putting almost all of our focus on one end goal. As is we’ve each got a few other tasks in our vision to be worked on that doesn’t necessarily involve the App but this idea is logged for creation.

Hopefully this helps clear up a few questions.
Lee

Last edited:
Oh sure @Leebo, blame me.....I have taught you well young padawan.....

See this link -

Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features

The Hayward cells are listed there. My understanding is that DSP worked directly with all the SWG manufacturers to list their detailed info. If Hayward has changed their info, can you please post a link.

In any event, there should be an entry box that allows you to specify any chlorine output rate you like. If you feel the listed output doesn’t match your experience then you can always adjust it.

Oh sure @Leebo, blame me.....I have taught you well young padawan.....

See this link -

Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features

The Hayward cells are listed there. My understanding is that DSP worked directly with all the SWG manufacturers to list their detailed info. If Hayward has changed their info, can you please post a link.

In any event, there should be an entry box that allows you to specify any chlorine output rate you like. If you feel the listed output doesn’t match your experience then you can always adjust it.
I'm sure they worked hard to get things right, but errors do happen. And then when people use that as a reference it just perpetuates the error. So I'm trying to do my part so TFP gets it right. ? Just look do the math by looking at the gallon level supported and you can see what DSP shows is wrong.

i had posted link to what Hayward shows for their output in my original message,
Pool Math........The App

I had also exchanged emails with Hayward support to get clarification on the output levels.

I did try to enter custom values to over ride, but the app wouldn't accept and recall the value. Perhaps an issue in the app, dunno.

Thanks

Something like that is a great idea, and one we’ve tinkered with. Only holdback is that the way we wish to achieve this idea is going to result in the creation of another page. This page will need to be created from scratch. Between creating the UI for this page, designing the layout, and wiring up all the data this takes a good bit of time. The idea is a good one, and one we’re looking at for the future, we just can’t say when the future is. Jon and I both tend to only focus on one task at a time putting almost all of our focus on one end goal. As is we’ve each got a few other tasks in our vision to be worked on that doesn’t necessarily involve the App but this idea is logged for creation.

Hopefully this helps clear up a few questions.
Lee

No need to create another page. Just keeping it simple, why not just put the date below the existing reporting line. As they say a picture is worth a thousand words, I've attached a mock up as example.

Also, look at the reporting for CSI values, note that they spill over to two lines. There are other values like this, as you can see in the attachment Salt and Temp also exhibit that issue. Maybe you are already aware, if not bringing to your attention. This is on Android device.

Thanks
Screenshot_20190319-205335__01.jpg

I'm sure they worked hard to get things right, but errors do happen. And then when people use that as a reference it just perpetuates the error. So I'm trying to do my part so TFP gets it right. ? Just look do the math by looking at the gallon level supported and you can see what DSP shows is wrong.

i had posted link to what Hayward shows for their output in my original message,
Pool Math........The App

I had also exchanged emails with Hayward support to get clarification on the output levels.

I did try to enter custom values to over ride, but the app wouldn't accept and recall the value. Perhaps an issue in the app, dunno.

Thanks

The differences noted in the T-3 and T-15 cells are negligible at best but the T-9 number does appear to be off by a significant amount. That should be corrected to what Hayward states.

Do keep in mind that the manufacturer ratings for gallon sizing are somewhat bogus and based on industry standards of 1-4ppm FC and cells running 100% output to achieve those FC levels in a specific number of turnovers. They are very unrealistic and one reason why TFP cautions potential SWG owners to double their volume sizes when spec’ing a purchase. As well, the manufacturers stated outputs are best case scenario values that don’t take into account aging effects and so they are really a starting point. Pool Math users should be adjusting their output numbers based on their measured data so that they are getting realistic numbers. That is why the App allows it to be adjusted by the user. The custom override may not be available yet....I tend to work on the beta versions so you might have to wait for an update.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Read my original post and the T-9 cell is the only cell I mentioned as being wrong. Thanks for looking into this.

Your version of the App should have the ability to do custom chlorine output .... what does your setting look like (Gear icon in the upper right screen on iPhones...)

Your version of the App should have the ability to do custom chlorine output .... what does your setting look like (Gear icon in the upper right screen on iPhones...)
I'm on Android, and yes it does have ability to put in custom. But if I change/set it there and then press the check mark to save, it doesn't save the value. Right now it's set to .7 (based on my T-9 cell). If i change it to .98 and then save it it still shows .7 when I go back into the setup screen. It's holding based on my prior T-9 cell selection, no way to clear that. So that's probably a bug. For now i just select the Salt & Swim 3 as SWG cell type since that is .98.

Thanks

I'm on Android, and yes it does have ability to put in custom. But if I change/set it there and then press the check mark to save, it doesn't save the value. Right now it's set to .7 (based on my T-9 cell). If i change it to .98 and then save it it still shows .7 when I go back into the setup screen. It's holding based on my prior T-9 cell selection, no way to clear that. So that's probably a bug. For now i just select the Salt & Swim 3 as SWG cell type since that is .98.

Thanks

If you would, please report that to [email protected] so it gets logged in the bug list.

Havent followed the thread lately but have a bug that is starting to get to me. When entering Temp in test result, it always defaults to ºF. In my profile i have Liters but no option for ºC. What really bugs me is that if i go back to any test result that was saved in ªC and want to modify a number on any field not just temp. it will still default to ºF, which i was coping with because the CSI would not change if i saved the change in ºF. So that leads me to believe that on the background it still calculates on ºC.
Thanks for the effort.

Felipe

Reactions: Leebo
is there any plan for supporting logging additions for chemical injection? I'd like to log that I ran the stenner for 3 hours at 3.5 GPD with 6% chlorine. I assume people are adding these as notes today?

I'm also excited for the possibility of Google assistant integration as I was thinking last night how much easier it would be to ask the assistant to log my results or do the chemical addition calc for me. Is there any update on that feature?

Google assistant got set on hold for a few while we added the SWG calculator plus did some additional work integrating PoolMath with the forum. We’ve still gotta teach PoolMath how to “talk/understand” the TA and CH data plus now adding logic for SWG’s before launch but once those are completed we’re ready for testing.

I wish the maintence logging section had the capability to log running a robot. I'm currently calling that vacuuming, but it would be nice to know which I really did.

Well, three updates in three days. That’s just what we’ve done for Android users. iOS, you got a build yesterday and hopefully one today. We’re uploading a new build for Apple to review as I type all this. It’ll get launched as soon as they approve it. This build was mostly to fix some bugs so I’d like to list what’s been done.

• On Android devices we first setup a script to take a snapshot whenever a user got the “Has your phone went Swimming” error. This provided us data as we couldn’t recreate it for nothing. After a few users used the App this script showed us where the App was crashing. Turns out if you didn’t leave the App all work work fine, if however you bounce to another App such as to send a text PoolMath will drop connection.
  • Patched the issue for “Has your phone went Swimming.” On Android devices the only time it should now occur is when you don’t have service. Gonna continue to watch the error messages to make sure and patch when needed.
  • We “rounded up” iOS users subscription as some were having difficulty accessing the premium features on the day their accounts were auto renewed. It would often take 24 hours for the update to take hold. We’ve also set this up to trigger an error message on our end to make sure it doesn’t occur again.
  • Patched a bug for some Android devices that were crashing at startup due to the size of the photo for registration.
  • Combined various acid types to give better info on the Summary page. Also removed some MA types on the “Effects of Adding” page to reduce the clutter.
  • Hopefully updated where users of a Finnish (and other European keyboards) keyboard can use a comma as a decimal point. Please provide us feedback here!
  • Added and Updated a few a few SWG options to make sure all the data is correct.
  • Allowed users to input the fact they ran their SWG at Zero percent.
  • Fixed a bug that displayed Celsius inputs as Fahrenheit
  • Updated CSI message for users when their levels are -0.3 to -0.6 to help reduce the concern.
  • Reassigned message in Effects of Adding where a warning for SWG was being displayed on everything.
  • Updated Salt additions to save in KGs
And lastly today we’ve launched a version to restore the summary page for Android users. This update will also be rolled out for iOS users as soon as Apple approves.

I thank all users who has provided us with feedback and granted us the time to fix it. Your assistance and understanding is greatly appreciated. If you’re still having issues however we encourage you to email us. If you’re finding the App beneficial we lastly encourage you to leave us a positive review. All those high ratings really helps more than you know.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.