Pool Math........The App

Hello Leebo and development team: I apologize if this info is mentioned somewhere in this thread (up to 21 pages now!), but I couldn't readily find it. Has someone posted a link to the iPhone version's "Pool Math" application's Help File / FAQ? I've recently downloaded and installed the app on my Apple device and have paid the yearly subscription fee. I have a few questions about the app but couldn't locate an easy-to-find resource that may answer my questions. Should I just post my questions here instead? Thanks for any guidance!

Hi! I am having trouble updating to the newest (last) beta version, in order to save data, so that I can transition to the full release. I've been testing it since day one with no real issues, but this one is not making sense.

Installed last beta version through TestFlight, but when I attempt to launch PoolMath, it hangs on the logo screen for ~20 secs and then crashes to the background. When I bring it back to the front, it displays my log page but I can't select anything...it's like the touchscreen doesn't work. After another 20 secs or or, it crashes back to the background.

I've tried closing, restarting the app and rebooting phone, to no avail.

iphone 6s+, ios 9.3.2

Would it be possible to post the list of backlog items / enhancements? I'm just curious what is on the roadmap.

I've been thinking about setting up some sort of site where users can post and vote on features. We use an internal tracking tool currently for bugs and enhancements, and I don't think it makes a ton of sense to open everything up there, but I see some value in an open page so we can gauge interest in ideas...

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Leebo and development team: I apologize if this info is mentioned somewhere in this thread (up to 21 pages now!), but I couldn't readily find it. Has someone posted a link to the iPhone version's "Pool Math" application's Help File / FAQ? I've recently downloaded and installed the app on my Apple device and have paid the yearly subscription fee. I have a few questions about the app but couldn't locate an easy-to-find resource that may answer my questions. Should I just post my questions here instead? Thanks for any guidance!

Best thing to do is post a ticket on Support : Pool Math App Support at this point. We'll answer your questions there and if it's more of an FAQ item, add it to the public knowledge base for future users :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi! I am having trouble updating to the newest (last) beta version, in order to save data, so that I can transition to the full release. I've been testing it since day one with no real issues, but this one is not making sense.

Installed last beta version through TestFlight, but when I attempt to launch PoolMath, it hangs on the logo screen for ~20 secs and then crashes to the background. When I bring it back to the front, it displays my log page but I can't select anything...it's like the touchscreen doesn't work. After another 20 secs or or, it crashes back to the background.

I've tried closing, restarting the app and rebooting phone, to no avail.

iphone 6s+, ios 9.3.2

Please try uninstalling, and then getting the latest version from TestFlight (assuming you still need to export your data?).

If that still doesn't work, send us an email: [email protected] or open a ticket at Support : Pool Math App Support

Thanks for the reply, redth.

Yes, the only reason I updated to the latest beta from TestFlight was to be able to export log data, so that I could move over to the final release. Just to be clear, when you say to uninstall and get the latest version from TestFlight again, I won't lose my current logs? Thanks again.

Right, uninstalling won't clear the data out. The TestFlight beta versions connect to a different server where your data is stored than the live app store version, which is why you need to export them manually.

Hope that helps

Right, uninstalling won't clear the data out. The TestFlight beta versions connect to a different server where your data is stored than the live app store version, which is why you need to export them manually.

Hope that helps

Perfect! Uninstalling and reinstalling worked...all my data was intact and I was given the option to save a backup and/or export data, I did both! Thanks.

Lee and John-
Thank you!! I loved the beta (never had any issues, it worked great for my simple needs), and now have backed up my data, downloaded (and subscribed!!) the new app, and imported my test logs. It worked perfectly with the small exception of a forced closed on the first import attempt. This was easily remedied by shutting down my phone (iPhone 6) and restarting it.
I so appreciate the time and effort you both (and any others) put into the development of such a GREAT tool for pool owners like me!! God bless you!!

Finally got around to updating to the live version from beta a few days ago. Went to check out the changes today and the basic (free) version is not updating the proper target FC levels for the logged CYA. My welcome screen is suggesting FC between 1-3ppm which is low for CYA 40 which is logged from my backup file.

I haven't upgraded to paid version yet, but I feel that some poor soul will follow these "Suggested Levels" and end up with a green pool and blame the app/tfp.

ca6e36b07b5a9ea4b48377f7388863fb.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Finally got around to updating to the live version from beta a few days ago. Went to check out the changes today and the basic (free) version is not updating the proper target FC levels for the logged CYA. My welcome screen is suggesting FC between 1-3ppm which is low for CYA 40 which is logged from my backup file.

I haven't upgraded to paid version yet, but I feel that some poor soul will follow these "Suggested Levels" and end up with a green pool and blame the app/tfp.

One of the things I tried to mention in post #683 in this thread. Using a guest account on the iPhone and iPad, None of my numbers stick. I enter current FC, but it always says 'not logged'. I took time to enter all numbers, but none show up. And of course, no CSI is calculated. Somebody please let me know if this is an error only on my devices. This experience is much less useful than the online Pool Math calculator, because anyone can see all the numbers that are being used for the calculations.

This is all I see on both devices:

IMG_5892.jpg

Of course, my paid account works beautifully! Just trying to help to get more guests to enjoy the app and TFP!

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everyone involved in making this app possible!!!! I am a first time pool owner that just had a pool installed. I didn't know anything about pool care until coming to this site. I downloaded the app about a month ago when I started doing my own maintenance. What a lifesaver!!! I truly enjoy the ease of use and ability to figure out how much of what to add. This thing is the Bee's Knees!!!

One of the things I tried to mention in post #683 in this thread. Using a guest account on the iPhone and iPad, None of my numbers stick. I enter current FC, but it always says 'not logged'. I took time to enter all numbers, but none show up. And of course, no CSI is calculated. Somebody please let me know if this is an error only on my devices. This experience is much less useful than the online Pool Math calculator, because anyone can see all the numbers that are being used for the calculations.

This is all I see on both devices:

View attachment 64088

Of course, my paid account works beautifully! Just trying to help to get more guests to enjoy the app and TFP!

That is the same thing I am seeing on my Android phone with the free version of the app. And I have offered my thoughts and suggestions to the developers on how the free version might be enhanced.

One of the reasons we limited access to the logger for non-paying users is simply because of cost. TFP has a second server that we are responsible for paying. During BETA testing one thing we were closely watching was this bill to see if we could open up the amount of space each user can use without running into a problem. We've now got a good idea on the fees this App will cost TFP and how we're gonna pay for it, now we can make a decision on our next step.

For now we're focusing on making v1 error free. For the most part Android users have a very stable build that works as advertised. iOS users have an error that hits about 5% of the Supporters. We've currently been working with a few affected users (Thank you greatly to the two who granted us access to their TFP accounts) to recreate this error. We're hoping to have a fix out very soon. After that we're moving onto v2 which will include some Human Interface changes.

I got a new iPhone & restored all of my apps from iCloud. I see the pool math icon, but it does not successfully open.

I have a paid subscription & had some data from the last week that I would like to salvage as well, if possible.

Can anyone help me get my app working, & possibly get my data back?
Thanks

I got a new iPhone & restored all of my apps from iCloud. I see the pool math icon, but it does not successfully open.

I have a paid subscription & had some data from the last week that I would like to salvage as well, if possible.

Can anyone help me get my app working, & possibly get my data back?
Thanks

Can you email [email protected] with more details?

What do you mean by doesn't successfully open? let us know what you're seeing exactly and we can go from there :)

I suspect if you manually uninstalled and then reinstalled from the store it would go away, but that's weird to see when restoring from iCloud...

Can you email [email protected] with more details?

What do you mean by doesn't successfully open? let us know what you're seeing exactly and we can go from there :)

I suspect if you manually uninstalled and then reinstalled from the store it would go away, but that's weird to see when restoring from iCloud...

The circle animation just goes around, and it doesn't launch/open.

It says if I delete the app, I will lose all my data.

New TFP App

So I have been playing with the new TFP app. First of all, I love it.

I have found a bug though and wasn't sure where to post it. Maybe we need a new section just for the app?

I subscribed to the premium version. Then I started logging my results for the past week just to populate the logs. When I enter a date and time, once the results save, it uses the date entered but the time defaults to the time it is entered, not the time I put in.

If I re-open the log and reset the time, it will save correctly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.