Pool Math........The App

I struggled a bit to import the data into the iOS version. I had saved the data, not emailed it. So I needed to open the file, then click the export button, then choose "..." in Dropbox (where I saved it), then choose Export, then choose the App Store icon which says "Open in" below it. Then select the Pool Math icon which says "Copy to Pool Math" below it. Could be I'm just a little slow too! I thought there would be an Import button in Pool Math so I was thinking backwards of how it's designed. And since I didn't email the file, it didn't immediately have the Pool Math icon listed when opening it, I had to choose Export first then find it.

But all is good and I'm live.

To see the data I did have to close the app then re-open. Voila!

Thanks TFP!!!

I just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to import my backup from dropbox on the iphone. Wish I had seen your post sooner.

To summarize: open the backup file in dropbox, tap 3 dots in the upper right hand corner, export, open in, copy to pool math

Hmmm. I having problems with getting the Premium iOs version to accept my registration.

I did delete the beta version first. Downloaded the live version. Paid for Premium. Then imported my backup. It did import my setup but the log page still shows the "Subscribe to PoolMath Premium" page. If I click on the "subscribe/restore existing" button, I get the Touch ID pop up, asking to confirm the in-app purchase. After I accept it, i get a message that I already paid for this subscription, "tap buy to renew or extend it". I hit buy, it confirms the purchase but I still get the "subscribe" page.

I did check my Apple account page and was charged.

What to do?

Is there a delay when subscribing to Pool Math Premium?

I did the in app purchase, and the app is still showing me the green button and not allowing me to see my test log history. I even uninstalled and re-downloaded the app and logged in again. I even tried hitting the green button again and I am told that I already purchased the subscription.

Is there a delay when subscribing to Pool Math Premium?

I did the in app purchase, and the app is still showing me the green button and not allowing me to see my test log history. I even uninstalled and re-downloaded the app and logged in again. I even tried hitting the green button again and I am told that I already purchased the subscription.

I have the same issue

I am very sorry for the issue you're seeing. I have no idea why this is occurring to you, but we'll figure it out. I'm contacting help now.

To those who are having issues with the subscription,

Under the "About TFP" tab there's a field that shows your account number. Can you please turn your phone sideways (just saw that issue) and take a screenshot of this field and the subscription expire date field. Then please email this to us at [email protected]

We'll get this sorted out! Again, sorry about this issue.

Reactions: InfoKid
Tried to import my backup. Just checking, to store any backup or previous tests (not online), you need to pay $8/year? I'll probably pay, even just to support you guys, but it's a very steep hill for a novice. I actually showed a few friends who take care of their own pools, they said cool app, naw, no thanks. You're gonna lose a lot of the impulse buyers (like the candy at the checkout line).

To those who are having issues with the subscription,

Under the "About TFP" tab there's a field that shows your account number. Can you please turn your phone sideways (just saw that issue) and take a screenshot of this field and the subscription expire date field. Then please email this to us at [email protected]

We'll get this sorted out! Again, sorry about this issue.

Screen shot sent.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mine is up and running, just logged my first set of test results. I think I am really going to like this app! I won't ditch the spiral notebook quite yet but I see it happening in the near future.

Beta tester. I deleted the beta version and downloaded the release version. All I get is a blank screen with a swirly that runs forever, the app never fully loads. Android version.

You need to go to the app settings and clear cache etc for the pool math app - apparently it leaves stuff behind
Details area few pages back in this thread

... sorry accidentally hit "Post" ... I tried reinstalling, tried Subscribe/restore existing, and App Store says I purchased ,but nothing gets the subscription activated??!! Who do I contact about this? Also, how do I get the calculator measurements in Metric? Tried switching to metric in pool setup but the output still tells me to add, for example, 2 cups 3 ounces, which IMHO is pretty much useless. Can we just get metric results as an "or" option automatically in the calculator?

For starters, thank you everybody! As we expected there were some snags on the launch. While I hate them, we expected something to show up. For those who are seeing issues, were greatly sorry. We'll take care of them though! Right now there are two problems that seems to keep showing up, one for Android one on iOS.

On Android there's an issue that keeps showing up where users are having a hard time installing the App over the Beta version. To fix this issue please follow the steps Jon listed in this post to hopefully address your issue.

On iOS we've seen a handful of users who have experienced issues after purchasing the paid subscription. This error is one we're working on now. If you experience this issue we ask that you please open the "About TFP" section and scroll all the way down. Please turn your phone sideways (I know, wow that's long) and take a screenshot of the fields for Account number and Subscription Expure date. Then please send that screenshot to [email protected]. We do have the ability to manually update your account (although Apple and Google make it VERY difficult to do) so we'll take care of the issue for you. Additionally we're working to recreate this issue on our personal devices by I stalling the App on devices that hadn't participated in the Beta and purchasing the subscription. So far we've spent a good bit of our own money and will keep doing so until the issue is fixed. We don't know why it's working for some while not for others but we'll make sure the problem is addressed and your subscription is activated.

Thank you all once again for your support on the App!
Lee

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.