Pool Math........The App

I noticed that CSI is only calculated when a full chemical panel is entered. Since CSI changes with the daily test of pH it would be nice to see CSI calculated with the previous results and the current pH and temperature if possible. Maybe the block in the logs could be a different color when a full set of test aren't entered.

Just downloaded iOS version, entered previous 3 days tests, and just added today's fourth test. Recommend that CC be positioned immediately below FC for data entry for entering data . When entering CC, I had to enter a leading zero for app to accept. In other words, I could not enter .2, I had to enter 0.2 for app to accept. Small differences with the same data between CSI in app and CSI in PoolMath. For example, the app reports -0.17 and PoolMath reports -0.09 for the same test results. HTML PoolMath I'm using was updated Feb 2017, so I believe I have the latest one.

HTH. Also, is this how you want feedback, or do you prefer private mail? Bill

I noticed that CSI is only calculated when a full chemical panel is entered. Since CSI changes with the daily test of pH it would be nice to see CSI calculated with the previous results and the current pH and temperature if possible. Maybe the block in the logs could be a different color when a full set of test aren't entered.

Good point I missed during setup. Let me push that out and see how much effort to setup.

Just downloaded iOS version, entered previous 3 days tests, and just added today's fourth test. Recommend that CC be positioned immediately below FC for data entry for entering data . When entering CC, I had to enter a leading zero for app to accept. In other words, I could not enter .2, I had to enter 0.2 for app to accept. Small differences with the same data between CSI in app and CSI in PoolMath. For example, the app reports -0.17 and PoolMath reports -0.09 for the same test results. HTML PoolMath I'm using was updated Feb 2017, so I believe I have the latest one.

HTH. Also, is this how you want feedback, or do you prefer private mail? Bill

I'll pass on the CC issue as it also is a UI issue for FC levels as well. As for the CSI difference. This is due to the user not entering in a salt level. In the App it assumes the users Salt level is 1000 while the HTML version assumes the salt level is zero. Enter the same numbers into both the App and the HTML and the numbers match. An update to the webpage version is due out soon.

Lastly, we would prefer to email [email protected] as it copies all parties.

Thanks for the feedback all!

My opinion is that the CSI calculation is misleading. If you enter all values, it calcs it properly. If you leave out a value, PoolMath shows the old value and old date, but the CSI calc is not accurate.

I would prefer one of the two:
A) that the missing value/s are assumed to be the previously tested & logged value and calc correctly.

B) CSI is shown as "error" since needed value is not provided (not best option)

This comment was included in my PM to Leebo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for the response re CSI. FWIW, I've never tested for salt. I also do not have a SWG. I thus have no clue what the proper default might be. Still learning after all these years !

Thanks for the response re CSI. FWIW, I've never tested for salt. I also do not have a SWG. I thus have no clue what the proper default might be. Still learning after all these years !

The pool store could always tell you OR if you have a recent TDS number, I could back out the chloride levels for you.

My opinion is that the CSI calculation is misleading. If you enter all values, it calcs it properly. If you leave out a value, PoolMath shows the old value and old date, but the CSI calc is not accurate.

I would prefer one of the two:
A) that the missing value/s are assumed to be the previously tested & logged value and calc correctly.

B) CSI is shown as "error" since needed value is not provided (not best option)

This comment was included in my PM to Leebo.

Having the code automatically pick the last recorded value will certainly take some time. Here's what I do -

Record all tested values and simply input the values that I need for a full data set from the last values.

Like you and many others, I only test CYA, at most, monthly and CH only a few times per season. Those values will not change day to day so I just assume they are constant and add them in. By doing this, the CSI gets calculated properly.

I'm sure future updates will address this concern.

Thanks for taking the time to create this app. I sent my set of comments to the group already.

I did have one question that I thought needed to be posted in the open forum since someone probably has the answer. I have the android app. How do you exit out of the app? When I try to back out, nothing happens. I have not been able to find a graceful way to close the app once I bring it up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for taking the time to create this app. I sent my set of comments to the group already.

I did have one question that I thought needed to be posted in the open forum since someone probably has the answer. I have the android app. How do you exit out of the app? When I try to back out, nothing happens. I have not been able to find a graceful way to close the app once I bring it up.

I've added that to be looked at. I personally am on iOS which exits differently so I cannot help you for now. We'll get it looked at however.

I can't find the download for the Android app. I've followed your links and end up on the community posts. Then nowhere.
Go here -> Pool Math Android Testers - Google+

Then follow the instructions in the post that says "READ THIS FIRST!".

- - - Updated - - -

I just reported the same issue with no way to close the app in the Android community forum (here). Only way to close it currently is to use the Square (Overview) button on phone and clear it. You could also go in the settings and view app to close as well. But agree there should be a graceful way to exit the program.

I just go to my open apps folder and manually close it as I do with all my apps

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Not on my phone. If I click and hold I get an option to enter a new log entry. Use the Square button on the phone and you can close from there (or close all apps). Or press the "Home" button to take you back to home screen (however this doesn't close the app).

Everybody, I truly thank each of you greatly! Yesterday when I hit the button to start the downloads I would be fibbing if I'd say I wasn't nervous. Working with Jon (PoolMath's developer) over the last 9 months showed me just how much effort goes into creating one of these things. I cannot tell you how many layouts were created just to help display these few pages worth of information. Jon's dedication and attention to detail is nothing short of amazing in my eyes. Talking to Jon (A TFP member BTW) I cannot help but get excited again hearing his path for this App. At first I was fearing stories of crashes, large amounts of data being wrong, and all sorts of complaints. Despite all the testing that was done, it was only a handful of devices by a handful of users. I was just waiting for fires to be everywhere! Now just over 24 hours after we opened testing the App is installed on hundreds of devices and reports of crashes are really very rare. I love the fact that we're already talking about User Interfaces as that means the foundation is already started being strong.

That said, there are some error......as we expected. These errors are all logged and will be looked at as we go. Some will get fixed right away, others will sit. Some will be pushed along with other builds while some will be hidden in updates all by themselves. Regardless when, these items will get reviewed and addressed if needed.

1. Doesn't default to pool upon open.
2. CSI reporting different when no salt levels are recorded.
3. CSI showing error unless ALL tests results are entered.
4. Time/Date wrong at times
----------if you have this, please write us via email. We cannot recreate for nothing!
5. No exit path for Android
6. User wish to report FC/CC as .5 rather than 0.5
7. Various Features

I thank each if you who's assisted and reported. First impressions seem to be positive but we've still got a lot of expectations we need to meet before were at our goal.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.