Pool Math App Update

I noticed today that an addition of Bleach defaults to Fluid Ounces. For me, it always used to default to Gallons. I prefer Gallons, but it reverts to Fluid Ounces in subsequent sessions. May I request the previous behavior be restored?

Can you email us at [email protected]? Include the exact steps you’re taking to have this issue occur.

I ask because I’m unable to recreate this on my app. I maybe following a different path however than what you’re doing, or we may have fixed this issue in the beta I’m using. Email us and we’ll take a look at it. ?

Reactions: Rocket J Squirrel
It seems like the calcium levels for ideal are a bit higher for my fiberglass pool. I’ve always kept the levels in the 230-250 range. Any reason this level is now recommended higher ?

In my opinion the Alerts (especially the Red Exclamation Mark one) are annoying. My pool water will ALWAYS have a CH value outside of the specified range because I live in an arid climate and CH is always above recommended levels. I account for it by controlling my CSI, I’m smart enough to do that and not need an app to tell me otherwise. So having that red exclamation mark sit there all the time is useless and I’m happy to ignore it but it takes up screen room and causes the UI to be cluttered.

It needs to be made optional or allow users to swipe it away.

I realize the developers think that it must be present all the time or else users will somehow not respond to out of balance water but that argument is both insufficient and paternalistic. Please treat people like adults that are capable of making their own decisions about what constitutes an emergency rather than creating an App that constantly screams at you. It’s simply a bad choice for the UI/UX.

I thought there was something wrong when it calculated 0 CSI twice in a row... did a little checking and looks like it was just my readings. PH seems to be a big factor for my readings where pH is 8.0 CSI is 0, 8.1 is a little positive, 8.2 a little more, above that no calc. Another good reason to keep pH in the 7's!

In my opinion the Alerts (especially the Red Exclamation Mark one) are annoying. My pool water will ALWAYS have a CH value outside of the specified range because I live in an arid climate and CH is always above recommended levels. I account for it by controlling my CSI, I’m smart enough to do that and not need an app to tell me otherwise. So having that red exclamation mark sit there all the time is useless and I’m happy to ignore it but it takes up screen room and causes the UI to be cluttered.

It needs to be made optional or allow users to swipe it away.

I realize the developers think that it must be present all the time or else users will somehow not respond to out of balance water but that argument is both insufficient and paternalistic. Please treat people like adults that are capable of making their own decisions about what constitutes an emergency rather than creating an App that constantly screams at you. It’s simply a bad choice for the UI/UX.
I could not agree more. I don't want or need an app to tell me how to manage my pool. What I do need it to do is record data that I input and provide - and then compute the outcome. If I wanted someone or something to make the decisions for me about my pool, I'd hire a pool guy.

Honestly, this new version is a big negative in getting members to fully understand and manage their pools. And it will possibly lead to more confusion than it's worth - just look at the members questioning a 10 point out of range reading on CH. For me, it's the worst version yet.

When I first started using the app and entering the size of jugs it was always at 128 oz. which is what I use. Now its at 30 oz. and if I try to change it the app shuts down? Tried rebooting the phone and still the same problem

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just tried it and if I move the size to 30 oz then the app locks up. But mine reverts to 128 oz after rebooting the app.

@Leebo
Same as other notice --

I'm a bit slow, just found the new update for the app. Love the new look and suggestions. I am unable to update the target ranges though. I'm using an Iphone XS.

On the topic of alerts, I actually like them. Including that I find them useful as quick reminders of things I am tracking (for example, right now I'm slowing adding CYA and do not want to overshoot). I don't have a problem ignoring them where necessary and they don't offend me.

Having said that, I can see how they could be annoying, especially for those who understand their situation and don't want to be nagged.

So, if any updates are made in this regard, I would vote for the option to silence or turn off specific alerts. To me this would be better than removing them altogether.

I'm a little late to the party here, but I have noticed that when I go into pH from the Overview screen, my target pH keeps showing 7.4. If I set it to my actual target, like 7.6 or 7.7, it will show me how much acid to add to get to that point, however next time I go back into the pH screen it resets the target number to 7.4.

We’ve added that bug to a tracking setup to help community issues to the developer for future updates. He’s been working some on a new update which it appears this issue will be addressed in after some additional issues are addressed, tested, and an update is approved.

Had a quick scan and not seen this mentioned.

When I log an addition of bleach that is more than 99oz, it logs as -1. See my log on 04/28 6:18pm as an example. There have been a few others that I manually adjusted, so it is not a one off.

@Scotland,
Can you email us at [email protected] with step by step (oh baby) directions how you did this? We're trying to recreate the issue however are unable.

Everybody else!!!
As long as Apple plays nice we're hoping to have some bugs squashed in a new update. I've downloaded both a beta copy of the App and am doing some testing to verify some of the bugs we were seeing are being addressed. If all goes well Apple should review the App tomorrow and we'll if it passes all our testing we should have an update shortly. In this update Jon addressed multiple issues, including,
  • Addressed issue's causing Social Login to fail
  • Altered code to where "target" levels are saved for a longer period
  • Fixed issue where App would freeze when using decimal point when setting up SWG
  • Addressed crashes when altering gallon size of bleach
  • Changed text color for Dark mode on "Effects of Adding" page in addition to "Notes" page
  • Possibly fixed font issues on Android devices
    • Only reason I say possibly is because I don't have an Android device on hand to test on
  • Did some behind the scenes work on something related to the server that I didn't understand :D

Reactions: Trk3263 and JeaniB
Only reason I say possibly is because I don't have an Android device on hand to test on
I'll check that one out. ;)
One thing I did find that's a bit annoying, when inputting readings, click the checkbox and it goes to the next input field but doesn't scroll up far enough to get past the "keyboard" so I scroll up some more to be able to see what it is I'm typing into that field.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.