Pool liner? Leak

Aug 31, 2018
Florence
I’ve got a 18’x36’vinyl liner in ground pool. Recently fixed a leak in return line. Still leaking (1.5”) per day. This is with pump off and returns, drain and skimmer plugged. How do I best test the liner and where should I start first?

How do I best test the liner and where should I start first?
Ugh. That stinks. Well, even though you just had a return line fixed, it's probably a good idea to ensure plumbing is completely ruled out. Consider plugging any inlets/outlets exposed to water like your return jets, skimmer/main drain holes, etc so that you know water is isolated only to the pool liner. That way if the water continues to fall you are 100% confident it is the liner. From there, it's all about investigation. The falling waterline will tell you a lot. If it stops, check that new waterline carefully for a tear. Pay close attention to mating areas of the liner like the skimmer mouth, steps, or creases/folds. Corners can sometimes hide a small rip as well. If the water isn't too cold, try to check some areas with food coloring without disturbing the water too much. But that waterline dropping will be a big indicator.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.