Pool levels help

So I’m testing the FC and CC this morning and so far I’ve put 60 drops of R-0871 and the sample is still pink. Surely I don’t just keep adding drops do I?

I guess I’ll just take a sample to Leslies and go from there. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong or if my levels are just so high from adding the 3 jugs of chlorine last night.

Directly from the above directions I posted --

Fill the sample tube with pool water to the 10 ml mark.
Using the small spoon shaped end of the dipper, add one heaping dipper, or two level dippers, of R-0870 and swirl to mix.

trust me, they don't know how to test correctly..

once you get this down it really is easy..

Fill to 10ml with pool water
1 scoop or powder of R-0870 (turns pink is all you need)
add R-0871 one drop at a time until it turns clear (it will turn clear)

by using the 10 ml you use less reagent R-0871

Reactions: DonnieTheMan

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What I’m concerned about is the number of drops to turn the sample from pink to clear. I’ve put in 60 and it was still pink. I don’t want to waste the product. That’s why I was asking if I’m supposed to test the next day after adding 3 128oz and a quart of liquid chlorine.

You have a 6000 gallon pool. That was way too much chlorine. Check your data in Poolmath. It will take a while for that chlorine to dissipate.
I asked that question a couple times yesterday and I was told that was the correct amount based on this:

Attachments

• AC5E1826-8CD9-4D9B-885F-E9A4FE800D10.png
    AC5E1826-8CD9-4D9B-885F-E9A4FE800D10.png
    56.9 KB · Views: 14
I asked that question a couple times yesterday and I was told that was the correct amount based on this:
I could not read that as it was so dark. Share your Poolmath data so we can see it more readily.

Regardless, you must have the incorrect volume for your pool in Poolmath. Check that.

Reactions: DonnieTheMan
Ohhh wow.... That is exactly what happened, you used 60,000 gallons

It raised your FC to above 50 FC

I can say anything that was growing is dead.... really dead... it will probably bleach out your liner but it may not be to bad... do not swim right now...

So after 2 days of sun, I tested my FC just now. I used the 10ml mark and added one heaping scoop of powder. It took 17 drops to clear it up. So my FC is 8.5 if I did the math correctly. It’s crazy how the sun eats up the chlorine that fast. I was only supposed to add 41oz of chlorine, not over 3 gallons lol. Lesson learned though. Thanks to all that helped me out.

Reactions: cowboycasey

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.