Pool leak and repair

Will_S

Jun 16, 2022
Nice France
Hello everyone!

Brand new to the forum but have come here to try and glean wisdom from you all and I'm really sorry to start on such a mundane subject (if important one) that I'm sure has been talked about to death - but would love to hear what you think of this:

I have a 10 x 5 metre in-ground concrete pool (an old lady at 26-years old) that about two years ago had a noticeable leak - over the past two weeks I've been trying to repair it - I've used about 15KG of concrete and a couple of litres of epoxy resin - it was seriously hard work as there was a lot to repair. I've since refilled the pool with water and I'm losing about 8mm a day - I feel that this is slightly too much (I should be aiming for perhaps 3-5mm) but the question I have for now is this: I check the water level every two hours or so - I've noticed that the daytime loss (i.e., about 9AM to 9PM) is very low - on one day it didn't drop at all, and most recently lost 2mm) but during the night it can drop 4-6 mm - i.e, many times more than the daytime loss - I find this totally strange. I'm based near Nice in the South of France - daytime temperatures recently have been sunny / partially cloudy and between 31 and 35 degrees centigrade with dry atmospheric conditions and some wind. The pool is totally exposed to sunlight from about 11:00 until about 19:00.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this daytime / nighttime discrepancy?

Does anyone feel that 8mm a day is too much to lose?

With many thanks,

Will

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.