Pool Inspection with House Purchase

As far as I can see they all call for a 40 salt cell, at 7000 gallons, should I do that?

The IC40 comes with the bundle. It will work fine with 7,000 gallons. You will run it around 20% generating time and it should last a long time.

The IC40 comes with the bundle. It will work fine with 7,000 gallons. You will run it around 20% generating time and it should last a long time.
I was hoping you would say that. I have 20K gals. now and use a 40 and it just coasts, so in the smaller pool I hopefully get the added longevity.

I was hoping you would say that. I have 20K gals. now and use a 40 and it just coasts, so in the smaller pool I hopefully get the added longevity.
The oversized cell is only part of the longevity equation. The chemistry is just as important if not more. Make sure the CSI is where it belongs otherwise buildup in the cell will cause more scale removal then necessary which removes the coatings from the cell plates shortening it life.

The oversized cell is only part of the longevity equation. The chemistry is just as important if not more. Make sure the CSI is where it belongs otherwise buildup in the cell will cause more scale removal then necessary which removes the coatings from the cell plates shortening it life.
Good to know. I use pool math faithfully and try to keep a good eye on the CSI.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.