Pool in - filling up

Apr 28, 2016
millington, NJ
Hi All - I am very interested in learning and doing things right (and easy). I came to this site years ago when we were thinking of doing a fiberglass in-ground pool. Things didn't work out with the town and we were never able to do it. Fast forward, we were able to push through some permits for an above ground (15x30 -52 inch walls) pool to at least stave off the potential upcoming lost summer with cancelled vacations and trips...

Pool went up today. I have no electrical service yet, that will be tomorrow. Once I get this filled (using my very low pressure city water garden hose which is going about 12 inches every 8 hours), what should I focus on next?

I bought the test kit (TF100) with the speed stir option(hope to teach my kids some kind of chemistry). I did put an in-line chlorination system in, but not sure now I'm going to use it. I think tomorrow I'm going out and stocking up on bleach (hopefully covid purchases have eased). Obviously once full and electricity is done in the morning, I'm going to run the pump for a while. Should I throw a tab in to get some CYA in the pool, with some liquid bleach (or bad idea)? Or test and see what it looks like and go from there?

Look forward to interacting with this forum. This system seems functional, and easy, and keeps the pool nice and balanced. Since I am starting this up, I think I have the chance to get it right from the starting gate.

Thank you.
20200615_112157.jpg

Welcome back, er, round 2, er Yay you got a pool !! It will come in handy this year no doubt.

Tabs dissolve slowly (up to a week) and add 1ppm each, so they won't help now for CYA. You can use the sock method for CYA once there is a foot of water just to get some CYA in there. Add liquid chlorine daily for the approximate gallons you reached.

ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry if you get some down time to get ahead on the learning curve. Its easy but alot of terms at first. Ask away with any questions or ideas and there's always some folks around who will help.

Nice pool! Great job getting the test kit right up front, you are ahead of the curve!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.