Pool Heater Troubleshooting Help (We have Laars Lite 2)

PoolGuy01

Jul 19, 2021
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Our Laars Lite 2 heater won't fire up. The Pilot light is lit; but turning it on does not light the burners.
Is there an easy method to troubleshoot?

- Would like to determine if the on/off switch is working. Is there an easy way to do that?
- If switch is working, is there anything I can easily check?

Thank you,
Steve

-

Find the manual on the Internet.

Use a multimeter to check continuity and voltages expected.

Probably one of the safety switches open.

NG flames should be blue with maybe yellow tips. Not yellow or orange that indicate a poor air/fuel mixture.

Think about it. If a pilot flame is hot enough to be igniting it's gas feed then it should be able to ignite the gas in the burners.

Let's see what @swamprat69 says.

I think that this may be the manual for your heater https://shop.solardirect.com/pdf/pool-heaters/gas-pool-heaters/jandy-lite2manual.pdf Since you have a pilot, I am assuming that you have a millivolt heater with no electrical connection for power to the heater. How old is the heater? Has the heater ever been cleaned or serviced? Pilot flame shoud be a couple shades of blue ( inner and outer cones ) and possible brief yellow/orange flares at the edge of the outer cone from entrained dust/debris burning off. Do you have a multimeter and basic knowledge in its use? Photos of heater label, front controls and wiring would be helpful.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.