Pool Frames

Jun 22, 2018
Pinson
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Well, i will be replacing my old Intex above 18ft diameter after 4 years. It was a salt water pool. Intex has a pool now the is resin coated and is called Ultra. Does anyone know that is good for a salt water pool. Looking going up to a oval or rectangle of 12x24. Any opions on the Intex pool that has a warranty of two years and priced is lower. The ones that are 5 years or more are running 4 to 5 k. Intex pools are around 2k.

4 to 5 years is about the max lifespan for any Intex pool, whether saltwater or not. The resin coating may help prevent rust to some extent, but it's going to happen eventually as the frame pieces rub against each other at the joints and wear thru the paint or any other coating.

That said, for the price, if you get 5 years out of one you've definitely gotten your money's worth. We went thru several of them over the years. Several times I considered getting a "real" aboveground pool, but stuck with Intex because I'd end up with a new liner every few years.

Weel. Just over the pass three months I noticed the old Intex 18ft dia pool gradually rust throught the top rails and post. Several places are through completely. Decided to take it down, get a new 12x24 oval that is made for salt water and have a 25 year warranty. The old pool that was only suppose to last 3, lasted 6. Time to retire it and get the new pool up early next year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.