Pool Flooded

Jun 1, 2018
Broken Arrow, OK
Need Help. I went from perfect water to a swamp overnight. Is floccing the only way to attack water that went from blue to brown. Chlorine is basically zero now, ph is 8, and salt is 2300 now after massive amounts of flooding. De filter was unable to keep going earlier so ive backwashed and now pondering what to do first. I am thinking i will turn pump on, pour DE powder in skimmer, pour in bottle of floc and waiting till morning, then vaccum to waste and then attack ph and chlorine issue with shock, then add salt? Or should i go ahead and shock with floc?

Attachments

• 15584843396531735241397.jpg
    15584843396531735241397.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 38
Ok i have bottle of chlorox regular bleach on hand. 6 percent sodium hypochlorite 94 percent other. Will thos work to start. How much should i add at a time to get from 0 to 20 ppm for 18000 gallon pool?

Attachments

• 1558487788018520508775.jpg
    1558487788018520508775.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 10
Hold on the SLAM for a bit. It is important to understand where your FC, CC, pH, TA, and CYA are before you SLAM........can you post those test results? It is conceivable you don't need to SLAM but starting with test results is the only way to find out.

Reactions: Rich D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok i have bottle of chlorox regular bleach on hand. 6 percent sodium hypochlorite 94 percent other. Will thos work to start. How much should i add at a time to get from 0 to 20 ppm for 18000 gallon pool?

Don't use Clorox bleach. The label says it contains Cloromax Technology. That is polymers which will create foaming and is not suitable for a pool or spa.

You need to get pure bleach with no additives, fragrences, or splashless.

What is your salt level? Your SWG running? Crank up your SWG on superchlorinate while we figure this out.

Salt is 2300. Not produccing. I can add two bags and get it where it needs to be now i suppose. I turned it off to slam.

Add the salt and get it going while you find a chlorine source.

This may be more dirt then algae. If you get the chlorine back up it may just take a bunch of filtering to clear the dirt out. May not need a full SLAM Process

When you can get 4PPM of FC in the water with the SWG or LC then see what CC's you have.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.