Pool fence sources

Where do most people get pool fences? I think we would want metal with a minimum obstructive view. I had mentioned it to the ‘builder’ but think better to leave him out of it.
I bought a black 5ft chain link fence through a fence dealer I've been using for several years. He dropped everything to come out to do my second fence. When I called him the 3rd time for the pool fence, he gave me the estimate, I paid him n he was on standby for when my pool builders were done with grading. I kept him updated and I think it looks great for being a chain link fence. It's got a self closing, outward swinging gate on it. It ran me $7,500. I asked him, if I'd of waited to pay you now, what would the price be? He said id be looking at about $10,000. So, prices are going up.

Attachments

• 20211210_140239.jpg
    20211210_140239.jpg
    603.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 20211023_085306.jpg
    20211023_085306.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 20211028_163611.jpg
    20211028_163611.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20211208_113209.jpg
    20211208_113209.jpg
    537.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 20211208_113240.jpg
    20211208_113240.jpg
    499.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 20211208_113445.jpg
    20211208_113445.jpg
    654.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20211210_140301.jpg
    20211210_140301.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 36
Thanks for the replies. I have both black chain link and wood in different locations but for the pool I am leaning toward aluminum with maximum view. We are in the middle of the woods and privacy is not a concern. Just want something for safety, that also meets code, and maintains the view. I see some online at the box stores but just seeing what options there are without going through the builder.

I ordered mine at greatfence.com. They sell all styles of aluminum fences , including a line of pool fencing. They’ll make gates any size you need and supply the proper self closing hinges and gate latches. The quality is very good and easy to install. Everything came on a pallet and was packaged very well with no damage. Lead time was about 3 weeks , but that was precovid.

We did "wrought iron" style powdered coated steel fencing. Same person that installed our property line fence did our pool fence. Probably about $20-30/ft installed with current price surcharges (ours was on the bottom end of that range, but I know we got in right before a ~20% material price increase). Our property line install a few years ago was under $20/ft.

We did "wrought iron" style powdered coated steel fencing. Same person that installed our property line fence did our pool fence. Probably about $20-30/ft installed with current price surcharges (ours was on the bottom end of that range, but I know we got in right before a ~20% material price increase). Our property line install a few years ago was under $20/ft.
I went to link rcherf above posted, selected one of the commercial ones in an off white, 48"hx 6ft was $105 or about 17.50/ft. Didn't look at shipping cost. I am guessing it may be mid-range but they had lots of options. Thinner metal, thicker metal, different designs, heights,widths and colors. I'd probably have two sides that required fencing due to the heights of the retaining walls, totaling 60-70 feet. I have fenced in our entire property to meet the code requirements.

48"hx 6ft was $105 or about 17.50/ft. Didn't look at shipping cost.
Sounds about right...which is why I wanted to share what it cost us to have one installed vs DIY. Ours came out to around $21.50/linear foot installed here in Dallas. That's powder coated steel, which is usually more expensive than aluminum (aluminum is great though, won't rust, it's softer than steel but hard enough IMO). We have pretty standard 4 foot flat top panels, but I know steel fence panels if I were to buy them myself I wouldn't really be saving that much. I considered DIYing for a while but just wasn't worth it to me. That, and digging fence post holes in our Texas Gumbo Soil here sucks....would've had to rent a hole auger. Now with prices where they are I doubt I could even buy my same steel panels to do it myself for the $21.50/ft I paid to have them installed. If you do call some fence builders to get quotes, be patient...they're slammed right now just like the PBs. I've used my contractor for years, great guy, great work, and it still took me calling him 3-4 times to get a quote and scheduled.

I have fenced in our entire property to meet the code requirements.
Something else I was going to mention, code here requires any horizontal bar on a fence to be minimum 4ft from the top of the fence...the photo of @salty87's fence wouldn't pass code. If you have another property line fence that passes code maybe that's not a problem, but the code is there for a reason. Personally, I don't want my kids trying to climb the pool fence, so I didn't want to put a non-code compliant fence around my pool even though I technically could since my other fences meet code. All up to you though, just 🍕 for 🤔.

Our fence would be mounted to the deck but as much as 9 feet from deck to the ground. Would be required by code due to the height to ground. So not required for the pool but the height to ground. I can fabricate a steel fence and have but after materials may cost as much as just buying one. With pool house construction needing my time after they finish the pool, I don’t want to tackle a fence build. I had mentioned it to the pool builder saying we may want a while fence and he said they may only do black. I like steel but on top of a concrete deck I think aluminum may be a better option due to rust stains from steel.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I also have different types of fences on 2 sides, but wanted a open veiw.
I went with WamBam Fence. They have an open aluminum fence that was pretty easy to put in.

View attachment 385778View attachment 385779
Your's is the type I was thinking about. Were you happy with it and is it fairly heavy duty? Ours will be mounted onto concrete along the edge of retaining walls and not installed into the ground. Did you compare pricing/quality to any others? Like HD or Lowes?

Thanks for asking, I did look at HD and Lowes but those needed post holes dug with concrete. I our area where the frost is a problem some of the neighbors that have aluminum fences, Some have heaved because of the frost. With this type no concrete was needed, so I don't expect the post to move. As they where pounded in below the frostline.
It is pretty sturdy. But I did connect it to the neighbors fence and house at the ends. Aluminum is not steel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.