Winter Garden FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I've been playing around with VIP 3D design software to try to come up with a pool layout that the wife and I like. I'm still learning the software but I was hoping for some feedback on the layout of the pool. One thing the wife and I have noted it we want a good bit of seating around the pool for people to hang out but we also want a decent open area. I have tried to maximize both of these in the design I have. As I mentioned I'm still learning the software so there are a couple things I don't have in here like a couple laminar jets also the middle section in the back would be a raised wall with sheer descents or something similar (below pic for ref). The patio off the back of the house is existing patio (covered) that we're trying to ensure we have enough space around. Ignore the slope we have one but it's not as bad at the photo shows and also the patio would span to the house obviously. Pool dimensions are approx 15 X 30. Pics of current yard below (big tree has been removed).

Pool specs
- 3.5 - 6 ft
- Sunshelf
- spa (heat pump)
- Cartridge filter
- Automation
- 2 color changing lights in pool 1 in spa

Should we add a bubbler in the sunshelf? What about in the spa?

Once we get a design down we like I plan to send it out for quotes from a few different companies including ones for an owner build

Copy of 20170705_105502.jpgCopy of 20170705_105500.jpgCopy of 20170705_105441.jpgPool Idea 7.JPGPool Idea 5.jpgPool Idea 6.jpgCopy of Pool Idea 6.jpg

Here is a thread for you to peek at: Design help. I have not tried it but it looks neat!

What you have done looks great! I like the overall lay out. The swimout in the deep end is a great idea!

Jets and bubblers=party toys not something you will very often once the novelty wears off.. I would NOT put one in the spa. You will be making enough bubbles with the jets.

Kim:kim:

Initially I was talking about a bubbler but now that someone reminded me an air blower would be good for the spa and maybe put a bubbler on the sunshelf.

Is an air blower a good way to get more of a "hot tub" feel?

Thoughts?

I have a 1 HP air blower connected to my spa jets. Some people just have an air line without a blower to their jets that can add some air bubbles.

I can run my spa in a few different ways:

• Gentle water flow from spa return only
  • strong water flow from spa jets powered by separate spa pump
  • air bubbles from spa jets from spa blower
  • spa jet flow + air blower both on
I have a four button controller next to the spa to turn the spa, heat, jets, and blower on or off.

I plan to do this just so the back of the pool is a straight line. The little step in the middle is for a raised water feature that I couldn't figure out how to model in using the software

Make sure you carefully measure your elevations. You might find that influences your designs. It appears that you have a decent slope going towards the rear and right side property lines. Depending on what you want to do with your landscaping and decking, you might wind up with some retaining walls.

Make sure you carefully measure your elevations. You might find that influences your designs. It appears that you have a decent slope going towards the rear and right side property lines. Depending on what you want to do with your landscaping and decking, you might wind up with some retaining walls.

Yeah we have a slope but not as bad as shown in the software (still learning the slope portion). It's probably 2 feet or so at 25' off the patio. We will end up with some retaining walls (I think maybe some people call them turn down's?). Not planing much in landscaping right now we like the trees and rocks we currently have in the back yard and want to use that as a design point.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.