Pool company guy screwed up...

Yep, in the house. Done and the light is now solid green after starting up again... would love to understand why that worked if you know?

Sometimes they just get a glitch. Happens to mine as well just loses its mind. Seldom to be sure like 1 every 2-3 months but it happens. When in doubt, reboot it!

Reactions: Pperc
Sometimes they just get a glitch. Happens to mine as well just loses its mind. Seldom to be sure like 1 every 2-3 months but it happens. When in doubt, reboot it!
So, just came home from a couple of days away and the check cell light on the IC40 was flashing again. Another power cycle and it’s back on solid again.... thoughts on appropriate next steps?

Edit: and 10 minutes later it’s flashing again.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Probably needs a cleaning if it keeps coming on. What's your salt level currently

I will follow the cleaning protocol tomorrow based on the owners manual. Any tips are welcome.

Haven't tested salt in a while, but 2800 last I checked. The salt level light on the unit is green.

Merged threads.
Posting here for hopefully more insight (re-post from my thread in Just Getting Started): Pool company guy screwed up...

Sorry for the silence on this thread. It’s been a busy summer. All has been excellent with the pool by following the TFP method. Crystal clear water, etc. my TA has come down and while my pH still tends to drift up, I’m easily able to bring it back down with a smallish amount of muriatic acid.

So, everything was going great until I just checked my system. The IC40 is flashing green on “check cell”. I am reticent to call the pool company again, so any suggestions? I have ordered the cleaning system / cap from Amazon preemptively and it has arrived. I did that as I thought perhaps it’s going to need to be cleaned. But, I also thought I’d check in with you all to see what past experience tells you. I already held the ‘more’ button to show 60% used up so it should have more life on it. I also run it at 100% for 16 hours a day but I assume that’s fine to do.

I have power cycled and while it goes solid green for the first 10 minutes, it then goes back to flashing green. Should I try to clean it? What should I be looking for when cleaning it? Are there any tips/tricks I should be aware of?

If cleaning doesn't fix is my only recourse to then buy a new cell? If I buy an IC60 this time (I think I need it given my pool size), will it fit exactly where the IC40 was? Or will the pipe separation need to be changed?

Thanks in advance for any insight this sub-forum has!

Last edited by a moderator:
IC60 is identical size to IC40.

Remove the cell and look if you have white scale on the plates. If plates are clear then not likely cleaning will help. There are YouTube videos on cleaning an Intellichlor cell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pperc
IC60 is identical size to IC40.

Remove the cell and look if you have white scale on the plates. If plates are clear then not likely cleaning will help. There are Youtuibe videos on cleaning an Intellichlor cell.
I will check those out. Can I dump the acid/water mix from the IC40 after cleaning into the pool? I suppose it would lower pH a bit (which is fine).

These are stuck. Any suggestions? I tried Channel locks but they just took off some of the plastic.

Attachments

• 4E0C4B77-DF01-46C5-9517-82808AC79FF8.jpeg
    4E0C4B77-DF01-46C5-9517-82808AC79FF8.jpeg
    341.6 KB · Views: 25
These are stuck. Any suggestions? I tried Channel locks but they just took off some of the plastic.

You are turning the large black plastic nut to the right, correct? You might try using a belt. Strap it around and try pulling it. This works well on oil filters.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.