I think you're confused as to the term "SLAM". It's not a 1-time blind dosing of chlorine, it is a process. The SLAM Process is a specific and detailed procedure to clear water and make sure everything has been killed so it can more easily remain that way.

Do you currently have one of the approved test kits? One will be needed to perform the process: Test Kits Compared. I recommend the TF-100 or Taylor k-2006c. If your water is extremely cloudy then the TF-100XL may be the best option.

I think you're confused as to the term "SLAM". It's not a 1-time blind dosing of chlorine, it is a process. The SLAM Process is a specific and detailed procedure to clear water and make sure everything has been killed so it can more easily remain that way.

Do you currently have one of the approved test kits? One will be needed to perform the process: Test Kits Compared. I recommend the TF-100 or Taylor k-2006c. If your water is extremely cloudy then the TF-100XL may be the best option.
I have the Taylor k-2006c

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.