Pool closed since fall of 2017...

I am trying to decide on how to go about this skimmer issue.. I priced a new Hayward skimmer through our local pool store and its around 40 bucks and in my eyes isn't terrible. My only concern is replacing it with water still in the pool. They told me to just drop the water line a couple inches below the skimmer and I wouldn't have any issues. Depending on what you read some say its fine some say your liner will shift so I am kinda skeptical on what to do.. I bought some 3m 5200 marine sealant I was going to use, but really if its just unscrew and replace I might as will just put it in with all new seals and a new return port before I open it up in a couple weeks...

If you only lower the water to just below the skimmer the liner should not shift. The weight of the remaining water should keep it in place.

Me? I would replace it and call it done! Just use care and go slow. The gasket may try to stick so you will need to take your time to get it off. When you go to tighten the screws use an offset pattern. Do this one then go over to that one over there. Do not go around the face. Let me know if you understand what I am trying to say. If not I can try to find a pic to show you what I am trying to say.

Kim:kim:

Well today I start the clean up of the pool. After I pull back 3/4 of the liner today I noticed something I have a question about. I noticed the bolts that hold the pool walls together pressing against the pool liner. It’s enough that you can make out each one. Obviously it’s not leaking, but is this normal?

Can you tell us how you got those test results?

Can you fill out a signature? Really helps us help you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.