Pool Cleaner Recommendations

It looks to me like the Dolphin Proteus DX4 is the same machine as the S200. I can get the DX4 on Amazon for about $50 less than I can purchase the S200 from a local authorized Dolphin Dealer. What I like about buying from Amazon is that you can purchase a 3 year extended warranty for $77, so.... for about $30 more than the price I would pay buying from a local dealer, I can get a 5 year warranty instead of the 2 year warranty. Not sure that I can get an extended warranty anywhere other than buying on Amazon. Any thoughts about the DX4, buying through Amazon, and getting the extended warranty vs using a local Dealer? I know I can probably get the cleaner for less at Marina Pools and Spas, but I'm not crazy about having to ship the cleaner to Marina for repairs if something breaks down.

I ended up ordering from Amazon. I never considered a warranty with our recently deceased 15 year old Dolphin. But these days it seems cleaners don't last that long. I contacted Matronics about local service and the closest one I found wasn't close at all. So I ended up ordering a Polaris from Amazon. We have local service a couple miles away that will service Amazon bought Polaris cleaners, and the credit card I used adds an additional 2 years extended warranty. When we bought a pump from a pool store on Ebay, we had a credit card that had a 1 year extended warranty and we got reimbursed for the pump, so you might want to check out any CC's you have to see if they offer any kind of extended warranty.

Latest update... spoke to some guy there yesterday and he said he would get with Margaret and get it resolved and he would call me back. No such luck. Margaret emailed me in the middle of the night and said it would be resolved today... but it wasn’t. Still waiting and I have no clue if or when I’ll get my cleaner.

My advice to everyone would be make sure they have it in stock when ordering.

Cayman, I"m really sorry to hear you're having troubles. I think probably both the manufacturers and suppliers are overwhelmed. Probably a lot more people using their pools with the covid19 shutdown. Don't feel too bad. We ordered one from Amazon and it's not supposed to be here till the 12th. Meanwhile our cottonwoods are dropping cotton floaties like crazy.

Reactions: Cayman
Now it is in Kennesaw, GA! Hopefully we'll get this Monday or Tuesday! Could Saturday have been my last vacuuming? 🙂

Duh, I didn't even think to use the BT option. It must have connected on its own because the blue light turned solid. Here I am thinking the app needed wifi to work, not even realizing that I have Amazon music and Audible apps running on bluetooth so I can listen to them in my car. But with those apps, you have to download the music and books to your microsSD card for storage unless you have a generous data plan.
When you use the BT option then you have to stay closer to the power supply maybe 30 feet +/-.
It is nice to have the option to use either method.

Puertex

Reactions: mickey4paws
Ok... final update here.

Talked to Margaret Saturday and she said she was canceling the shipment from the distributor and will send a different model from her location. Yesterday arrived and she actually txt me the new shipping label and it was sent out yesterday. About 4 hours later, the one from the distributor arrived, so I refused the package.

Margaret is amazing, when you can actually get in touch with her. I have no issues recommending Marina now, but just be sure to make sure whatever you order is in stock and it should go smoothly. Also, for reasons unknown to me, trying to communicate with Marina is challenging but they do have great prices, so if the product is in stock it is well worth it.

New robot will be here Thursday. Pretty excited about this as it has been 2 weeks today since I ordered it. Just happy to have it resolved.

Marina Pool and Spa seems to be very busy. They are very difficult to reach by phone. Emails are replied usually within 24 hours. I ordered on a Friday and got a tracking number the following Monday. The package was not shipped until the following Friday. It seems they are overwhelmed with business. You just have to understand their situation before ordering. I would have preferred to suport local business but no one can match Marina's price.

Can anyone confirm that the Dolphin Proteus DX4 is the same cleaner as the S200? Local Dealer has the S200 for $899.... Amazon has the DX4 for $849.... and just saw the DX4 on sale through In The Swim for $764. Anyone have experience purchasing a cleaner through In The Swim?

Can anyone confirm that the Dolphin Proteus DX4 is the same cleaner as the S200? Local Dealer has the S200 for $899.... Amazon has the DX4 for $849.... and just saw the DX4 on sale through In The Swim for $764. Anyone have experience purchasing a cleaner through In The Swim?
According to this thread : Link to thread, the proteus dx4 is very similar if not the same as the s200. If want an s200 you can buy one for 715.00 at Marina Pool Spa and Patio. They are listed online for 899.00 but if you call or email to order you get the reduced price. You can't even buy one online because models such as s200 are dealer only items not to be sold online.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I will try to call Marina and cross my fingers I can get them on the phone, but I’m wondering if anyone was able to get the caddy from them, with the S200/ Warrior SE? I see some websites include it as a package. The price ends up being more, but not as much as purchasing the caddy separately. Thanks in advance!

I got the caddy with warrior se. For another 50.00 I could have ordered the s300/ active 30 with caddy. I am not interested in wireless control with a phone so went with warrior se. To reach Marina on the phone they open at 10:00 am Denver time. Call a few minutes after opening.

I will try to call Marina and cross my fingers I can get them on the phone, but I’m wondering if anyone was able to get the caddy from them, with the S200/ Warrior SE? I see some websites include it as a package. The price ends up being more, but not as much as purchasing the caddy separately. Thanks in advance!

I was in the exact boat as you are... It was well worth the $50 to get the s300 or active 30. You get a better model that has more features and the caddy. Was a no-brainer for us.

I got the caddy with warrior se. For another 50.00 I could have ordered the s300/ active 30 with caddy. I am not interested in wireless control with a phone so went with warrior se. To reach Marina on the phone they open at 10:00 am Denver time. Call a few minutes after opening.
I could use the caddy. I will have to call and see if I can add it. Cross fingers!

Robot arrived yesterday and all is well now. Ran it a couple of times and the pool looks amazing.

On a side note... it did not appear to clean the steps or sun shelf. Is there any way to get it to do this?

It does seem to get better after a few runs. Not sure if it learns or breaks in. I have a sun step ( about 2' deep ) and sometimes it ignores it and sometimes it goes up on it and cleans the tile above it.
I never see it on my steps but they stay pretty clean, my son did watch it try to climb them and said even though it was vertical it still sucked the junk off the step.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.