Narrowed it down to a Dolphin but not sure which, Nautilus CC+, S200, or Proteus DX4?

Oct 17, 2018
KATY/TX
I was going to do Polaris but read so much about the water exhaust coming out of rear and just stirring up dirt instead of picking it up and the Nautilus CC+ had a top water exhaust and worked much better and the reviews rated it higher.
So due to that I was about to purchase the Nautilus CC+ and then found out it was an older model Dolphin and that the S200 and Proteus DX4 were the newer models in around the same price range.

I see they have water exhaust on the top and the side, does that stir up a lot of dirt?
I was ready to pull the trigger on the Nautilus CC+, but are the newer models that much better and easy to find parts and replace parts on?

Which would you choose of the three, price also being taken into account?
The Nautilus CC+ I have found to be the number 1 cleaner in several reviews of pool cleaners. The DX4 and S200 are kind of hard to find to purchase whereas the CC+ is easy to find to purchase. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.

What do you think I should get? My pool is only about 13-14k gallons and should be relatively easy to clean, nothing crazy going on.

Nautilus CC+ $779
Proteus DX4 $850
S200 (honestly can't find this for sale very easily, just found it on ebay for a refurbished one for $769)

I have the Active20 which is essentially the S200. Works great. Does not have the caddy or the bells and whistles (bluetooth).

If you cannot find a local Maytronics dealer you can order by phone from Marina Pool in Denver.

You can't find the S200 for sale online because it is for sale in stores only. You can call as mentioned above to get it. I ended up with the S300 because I wanted a caddy and it comes with one. I don't care about bluetooth. It costs about what the S200 + Caddy costs.

Anyway, don't you want the dirt stired up? The filter can't filter if the dirt isn't suspended.

Anyone ever purchased from Poolsupplyworld.com ?
They have a Proteus DX4 for $850 and that is the cheapest I've found.
Leslie Pools was trying to sell me the S200 for $1100 and the DX4 is the exact same robot with a different skin on it.

This is where I want to buy it from but their website has been having problems today and is down a lot so was curious if anyone has bought from Poolsupplyworld.com

https://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Dolphin-Proteus-DX4-Robotic-Pool-Cleaner-with-PowerStream-Technology/Proteus-DX4.htm?utm_campaign=nsm_aw&utm_adgroup=proteus-dx3&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&gfunc=addCouponCode&discountcode=SPOOKYSALE18&gclid=CjwKCAjwgabeBRBuEiwACD4R5sPCgJJgCCIY6-uiaqYukqtppBOJ1-_Z0YDACyCcTWEdGNa3RHRiSxoCD-0QAvD_BwE

Be aware that internet purchases of Maytronics robot typically have shorter warranties and have to be shipped for service versus a local repair shop, if available.

I did a lot of research on price, and product for this past season. Do yourself a favor and call Marina pools in Denver. They’re awesome. Free shipping, no tax for most states outside of CO, and phenomenal prices. S200/Active 20 is a better dual motor system compared to CC+.

I've used PoolSupplyWorld for quite a few orders and they are excellent service. I have also found them to usually be less expensive that most other online stores.

Lots of great reviews on the S200. You wont be disappointed with that one.

I am leary of the DX4, because in the link you posted, it shows a mesh filter basket which is great for collecting leaves, acorns and other large debris that get in the pool... But... I twill not filter out the tiny dirt particles from the water an bottom of theIf a "Fine Sediment" filter is not included with the DS4, then skip that one.

The CC plus is showing the fine filters in the link. They look like small AC filters on a black
I give the CC+ and A+

Anyone ever purchased from Poolsupplyworld.com ?
They have a Proteus DX4 for $850 and that is the cheapest I've found.
Leslie Pools was trying to sell me the S200 for $1100 and the DX4 is the exact same robot with a different skin on it.

This is where I want to buy it from but their website has been having problems today and is down a lot so was curious if anyone has bought from Poolsupplyworld.com

https://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Dolphin-Proteus-DX4-Robotic-Pool-Cleaner-with-PowerStream-Technology/Proteus-DX4.htm?utm_campaign=nsm_aw&utm_adgroup=proteus-dx3&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&gfunc=addCouponCode&discountcode=SPOOKYSALE18&gclid=CjwKCAjwgabeBRBuEiwACD4R5sPCgJJgCCIY6-uiaqYukqtppBOJ1-_Z0YDACyCcTWEdGNa3RHRiSxoCD-0QAvD_BwE

Awesome I will give Marina Pools a call to check price before I buy from Poolsupplyworld.com

I checked and it does say on it that that it comes with both filters:
"2 Filtration options - rough debris or fine dirt"
"
It's also equipped with a filtration system to remove dirt and debris. Simply choose from one of two filtration options: Fine filter for Spring cleaning and large debris or Ultra-fine Filter for small particles as tiny as 50 microns for a daily or weekly cleaning."

50 microns is a bit large from what I've seen of a few other filters they get as low as 2 microns, but I'm sure it will be fine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks a lot!! I called Marina Pools in Denver and they sold the S200 for $699 even! That is awesome! Cheapest I could find was $825 and Leslie Pools wanted to sell it to me for like $1100 or something crazy!

Just checked and Amazon sells the S200 for $699. https://www.amazon.com/Dolphin-Naut...2-fkmr2&keywords=pool+sweep+dolphin+s200+plus
Bought a Dolphin model 99996323 in 2015 which was terrible. It just cleaned light bottom algae along 2 parallel tracks where the white treads are. Sent it back to Maytonics but that made no difference. The S200 looks like a similar design,

That is not the S200 you linked, that is the Nautilus CC+. The S200 is sold only in brick and mortar stores. The Proteus DX4 is the same as the S200 with a different skin and is sold online for as low as $850. The CC+ does not clean your water line and does not have the power stream technology and a couple of other things.
I don't know what a Dolphin model 99996323 is, but I have watched and read for hours and hours trying to decide which robot I wanted and Maytronics has had the top ratings in every review I've read or watched. There is always going to be complaints no matter what so that's just something I had to accept.

Thanks for the heads up! I just called Marina and ordered my S200.

I've been toying with the idea for awhile, but couldn't justify it while my knockoff suction side cleaner was doing a decent job. Low and behold, this morning I find pieces of it scattered across the bottom of the pool. Perhaps it's divine intervention.

I just ordered the M 400 from them, but without the cart to save money.

My steps have double curves and are not deep/wide, so I don't expect it to clean them well, but I'm hoping that it cleans the pool walls good everywhere else to save me from having to brush so much.

My excitement is quickly fading. I've used the S200 3 times now. Today I go to plug it in and the power supply won't light up. Thankfully Maytronics is sending me another power supply, but I'm not so great about the purchase now.

Thanks for the heads up! I just called Marina and ordered my S200.

I've been toying with the idea for awhile, but couldn't justify it while my knockoff suction side cleaner was doing a decent job. Low and behold, this morning I find pieces of it scattered across the bottom of the pool. Perhaps it's divine intervention.

Here is the only question I have about the S200.
I love it, it cleans great, but when I go to take it out of the pool each time after cleaning it drops a load of dirt from the filter in the pool and I have to grab the net real quick to clean it.
How do you guys avoid this? Do you take it out upside down so it doesnt fall out of the bottom or what?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.