Pool Cleaner Recommendations

Much cheaper? My understanding was they are sold pretty much as equals by Marina. But I have not personally priced it.

They can only advertise them above a certain price per agreement with Maytronics. Their price when calling on the phone will be very close to Warrior SE advertised price. Warrior is a re badged s200 sold by Pentair

We are also looking at upgrading our pool cleaner. How close does the electrical outlet need to be? Our pool is roughly 42' x 24' and the nearest outlet is about 30' away.

Last edited:
We are also looking at upgrading our pool cleaner. How close does the electrical outlet need to be? Our pool is roughly 42' x 24' and the nearest outlet is about 30' away.
You would need an outlet closer to your pool. The cord on the s200 is 60 feet long.....that only leaves you 30 feet to clean your 42 ft pool

Reactions: BadDogPSD
Here are the two price sheets I was given by Marina Pool & Spa. You have to call or email them they are not able to take online orders due to pricing is my understanding. But they are much cheaper than other options.

Attachments

• Premium Class - Robotic Cleaner Comparisons - 2020 .pdf
    330.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Robotic Cleaner Comparisons - 2020.pdf
    271.9 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: Hootz and BadDogPSD
Cayman, what did you decide? I too am on the market for a new pool cleaner. I have a side mount in the pool. The robots are amazing and do a great job, but you can't really keep it in the pool to do daily cleanings without taking it in/out each day which adds some hassle, but well worth it if just measuring on cleaning ability. It's electric powered. To anyone - is there any pressure side cleaner that is a reliable cleaner alternative? I'd be replacing a Pentair racer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Cayman, what did you decide? I too am on the market for a new pool cleaner. I have a side mount in the pool. The robots are amazing and do a great job, but you can't really keep it in the pool to do daily cleanings without taking it in/out each day which adds some hassle, but well worth it if just measuring on cleaning ability. It's electric powered. To anyone - is there any pressure side cleaner that is a reliable cleaner alternative? I'd be replacing a Pentair racer.

I leave mine in the pool all the time :) I we are swimming I may pull it out but pretty much stays in 24/7

Looks like a nice robot, from the Video only differences I see are the basket doesn't have the pleated filters and I don't think it scrubs the tile line. The s200 and my Pentair will climb to the top and move sideways..
Neither is a show stopper in my mind, I think you can add the better filters if you want

I could be wrong ... you leave it in the pool, with it plugged in to an Electrical outlet ... or you leave it in the pool and unplug/re-plug it in each time you want to use? I was just saying with kids, the side pressure is on a program and does not have electrical shock consideration ... whereas the robot does and I was told never leave it plugged in when not using it. Is there another way? Appreciate your recommendations.

I leave mine plugged in most of the time. I take in the controller when they say we might get a storm. Pretty rare here. The controller is in the shade which is what really matters here.

I could be wrong ... you leave it in the pool, with it plugged in to an Electrical outlet ... or you leave it in the pool and unplug/re-plug it in each time you want to use? I was just saying with kids, the side pressure is on a program and does not have electrical shock consideration ... whereas the robot does and I was told never leave it plugged in when not using it. Is there another way? Appreciate your recommendations.
First you have to get a salt water pool so it will conduct better :)
Kidding, I think it's low voltage and maybe even DC but just a guess. But the power supply runs for 2 hours and turns off power to the Robot. So after it cleans there is no power to the robot
I have mine in automation mode and after 90 minutes I turn off power to the unit

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.