Pool Cleaner Recommendations

I finally just spoke to Margaret and she is aware of a distributor issue and said she would look into this and call me back in about 30 minutes.

Fingers crossed.

Reactions: markayash
I am curious about that, too. I am in the market for a new pool cleaner and just looked at pricing on Marina Pool and Spa website and there is a $200 difference in price between the Pentair Warrior SE and Dolphin S200.

For those using this cleaner (S200 or Pentair Warrior).... what do you like about this machine over other models and/or other brands? What are the pros (and cons, if any). (My Polaris P825 died after 4 years, so I am kind of sour on Polaris cleaners.) Thanks.

The online prices are higher, when I bought mine the s200 was $725 ( I believe ) but the warrior SE was $699 which is what I purchased..
The warrior SE is a re branded Dolphin s200. Other then the stickers and color it's the same.

I had a polaris 360 before and it was OK for getting leaves most of the time if it ran 24x7..But the Warrior will clean 90% if not all in 2 hours. The biggest difference is the fine stuff that was blown around but other cleaners is picked up with the robot. In pollen season my pleated filters would be solid yellow after a few hours and it stayed in the pool.
Its like sweeping your floor vs vacuuming it :)

I did receive my shipping information today. Looks like a week shipping across country (I am spoiled by Amazon Prime!). Still can't beat the price!

Reactions: markayash
Looking at the Maytronics website, that robot is in the 'Good' group. The S200 is in the 'Better' group.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is the Dolphin Proteus DX3 (sold at Lerslie's) the same as the S200? They look very similar.
It does not look like it. The Proteus DX3 only has the 50ft. non-swivel cord.

There is a Dolphin DX3 (without the Proteus) that looks like it has the same features, but it looks different: Dolphin DX3 - Maytronics

Just as an update... I received the tracking on Tuesday, but as of today, the package still has not been sent to UPS so still no idea if and when I will receive this order from Marina. Ugh.

Hi Cayman, I really like my robot a lot. It lasted many years and was so easy to work. I've never had a pressure cleaner so can't offer any advice there.

Hi Marty,
My Dolphin Dynamic just died after close to 15 years of service so looking to buy a new one asap. Since it's a holiday weekend, I can't get Marina Pool on the line but curious, what happens if you need warranty service do you know? Would you have to ship it to Maytronics (where they make you pay to ship there and back, from what I've heard? Or, pay to ship it back to Marina Pool? I have a demo one for the weekend, an Active 30i and to be honest, I hate the app. Who can see their phone in the bright light? I sure can't. Plus I have to stay close to the back door to keep wifi connected. So that's why I"m interested in checking out Marina Pool but just concerned if it needs warranty service how they handle it. We do have a couple local authorized dealers but I'm not sure they'd cover under warranty if you diddn't buy it from them. Thanks!
The Active 30i can connect to a phone via Bluetooth if the Wifi signal is not strong.

It has both options but it is not clear how to get the BT connected.

Let me know if interested and I can share instructions provided by Maytronics.

Puertex

Reactions: mickey4paws
Latest update... spoke to some guy there yesterday and he said he would get with Margaret and get it resolved and he would call me back. No such luck. Margaret emailed me in the middle of the night and said it would be resolved today... but it wasn’t. Still waiting and I have no clue if or when I’ll get my cleaner.

My advice to everyone would be make sure they have it in stock when ordering.

It looks to me like the Dolphin Proteus DX4 is the same machine as the S200. I can get the DX4 on Amazon for about $50 less than I can purchase the S200 from a local authorized Dolphin Dealer. What I like about buying from Amazon is that you can purchase a 3 year extended warranty for $77, so.... for about $30 more than the price I would pay buying from a local dealer, I can get a 5 year warranty instead of the 2 year warranty. Not sure that I can get an extended warranty anywhere other than buying on Amazon. Any thoughts about the DX4, buying through Amazon, and getting the extended warranty vs using a local Dealer? I know I can probably get the cleaner for less at Marina Pools and Spas, but I'm not crazy about having to ship the cleaner to Marina for repairs if something breaks down.

If it’s the same cleaner Amazon will stand behind it.
Local is good but might cost $300 more and can do a lot of shopping for $300 :)
In the end your call, I think and hope It’s a product that if it works for first month will last a long time

Reactions: mickey4paws
The Active 30i can connect to a phone via Bluetooth if the Wifi signal is not strong.

It has both options but it is not clear how to get the BT connected.

Let me know if interested and I can share instructions provided by Maytronics.

Puertex

Duh, I didn't even think to use the BT option. It must have connected on its own because the blue light turned solid. Here I am thinking the app needed wifi to work, not even realizing that I have Amazon music and Audible apps running on bluetooth so I can listen to them in my car. But with those apps, you have to download the music and books to your microsSD card for storage unless you have a generous data plan.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.