Pool chlorinator no flow

Did you read the Wiki article I linked? Sections 19 and 20 discuss the flow switch.

I had a no flow error on mine. Mine failed last month and I read about shorting the two wires together to get the SWCG working temporarily until you get a new switch. Always a bad idea to circumvent a safety but in this case I wanted to maintain the FC level until the new switch arrived.
Number one, shut off all the breakers. Three screws to remove the panel. Followed the flow switch wire to the circuit board, disconnected the connector, cut the cable and spliced the two wires together (in red circle in photo) and plugged the short pigtail back in and that removed the fault for no flow. Ordered a new switch on Amazon.
The flow switch is simply an on/off with off being it's normal resting state with the pump off.
You can get the switch from a pool store or save some $ if you go with online and DIY
Since the one I ordered was under the $25 free shipping minimum I also ordered the O rings so I'd get free shipping. Kind of makes the O rings free :)
This is all based on you feeling comfortable with electricity and cutting wires.

.220605 Aqua Logic Shorted Flow Switch.jpg

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.