Pool Chiller

KramerPie

May 20, 2020
Houston
Has anyone had luck with a pool chiller? We are looking at a TropiCool TC500. I’m in Houston and the pool gets full sun until about 5pm. Our neighbors say their pool is almost 97 degree right now. Wasn’t sure if a chiller will help.

If you haven’t already made a decision, check out Glacier chillers. We have one and it works great. My pool temp has not exceeded 82 this summer and has been as low as 72 just last week. It’s basically a swamp cooler, as the pool water drips over grids while a fan blows down across the grids and then the water collects in a basin and is pumped back into the pool. Cooling is a byproduct of evaporation, so it’s less effective when humidity is really high, but has still worked for us up in the Dallas area.

Of course, the fan motor on my chiller just went out, but it doesn’t look like it will be too difficult to replace or have rebuilt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.