Pool Chemicals

Well I think they hire some fairly smart people at Taylor and I highly doubt that they have all over looks like a simple solution :)

Peroxide at industrial concentrations is dangerous and unstable, so it might be less economical to produce. It's also sensitive to light. It could be they just don't want the hassle of neutralizer that goes bad if you leave it in the sun for a couple hours. Or they could have other requirements that aren't met by peroxide as well.

Well, in the link Richard320 posted it shows how even after neutralizing the chlorine using sodium thiosulfate the sample looked exactly the same. Peroxide is an oxidizer so if you don't get the dosage exactly correct then it will almost certainly affect the phenol red solution itself.

If you want to do the same test with peroxide then feel free. There is no reason to throw out a bunch of theoretical ideas when you are talking about something so easy to test. I mean, if it's not easy to test then it's not easy to do and if it's not easy to do then it's not worth even bringing up, right?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.