Pool Build -- Annapolis, MD

What is your preferred method of water transport?

Sailing! We bought a sailboat ~10 years ago, since sold. In hindsight, we should have built the pool first, because teenagers aren't crazy about confinement with parents on a boat with limited internet access. :)

The plumbers are here already working in the dark.

Ha!

The pipe is white so hopefully they could see it.

Good progress!

From the top of the rebar to the top of your pool. Don't forget to factor in about 3 inches for the plaster. Mostly the measurement is for the ledges (is it big enough for what you want to put there), benches, beach entries, etc. Depth is important also as is the width and such.

Kim

OK -- good! That adds another 2", so we have 5'7". I'm at work today, so my husband is in change of making sure the returns are all at the right elevation over the seats and the sunshelf.

I wanted to cry when I saw a small backhoe on top of the lily-of-the-valley patch I have been cultivating for about a decade. Didn't realize this area of the garden would be impacted. I think I'll shop for a volleyball net for the pool to make myself feel better! :)

I have seen some where you have to wonder if they just dug, drove, messed with an area just because :( Did they REALLY need to drive there?

Is your hubby up to the task or is he taking pics and texting you to make sure it is right??? (That is what my hubby would do)

Kim

Yeah, just think complete disaster zone of entire yard/driveway, then anything less will be a pleasant surprise! I think they missed covering a small spot on the left.

Picture all that sparkling water and pretty greenery that will eventually be there for now. A good imagination helps.

Great run of weather here for pool building too. The key is to get past the gunite stage then it's more or less bullet proof. I know my PB expressed a sigh of relief after that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are you first thing in the morning? Always good to be the first pool shot as early as possible. No chance of the concrete truck going low on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks awesome! I just want to make sure there is a union on the pump. That way it can be removed if needed. It looks like there are unions every where else.

Kim

I think we are covered here, according to husband. And we have a valve for releasing heavy rainflow into to a gutter which is important around here.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you first thing in the morning? Always good to be the first pool shot as early as possible. No chance of the concrete truck going ow on you.

I agree, but we will be inspected am, so I guess gunite pm. We will both be here, so I hope it will work out. Rain in the forecast Monday.

Awesome. I remember that day clearly. Waking up to the rumble of diesel engines! Five days is nice and fast. Ours was seven. The high that day was well below freezing too. Here's to a planned passing of inspection!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.