Pool #2. South Texas. Waterfront property.

mrcarcrazy

TFP Guide
Jan 21, 2014
Tx coast
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Backstory:
Hello everyone, I built a pool in west Texas approx 7 years ago and chronicled that headache on this forum, met some great people, and really enjoyed my time here. As life happened around me I became less active here...well life has improved as we made a brilliant decision to move to the Texas coast. I’m using my phone to post this so please forgive grammatical and punctuation errors.

Pool number 2 for us is ramping up with the addition of dirt....not the typical starting place, but the lot next to our home is lower than our home lot by approx 3 ft. To prevent every rainstorm from flooding my pool I decided to raise the pool as well. This will give us a small safety net And allow for some elevation change in the yard.

much more to come. I’m going to have to find a new hosting site for the pics.Looks like photobucket no longer wants to give me free hosting :p

This pool will have a spa, swim up bar with outdoor kitchen of sorts, depth will be limited. I’m undecided on that 5-6ft being most likely.

plaster will either be pebble or quartz, undecided.
Automation and equipment will be Pentair.
chlorination you’re be Salt chlorine generation. Heat will have to be propane. That’s going to be special.Unless electric has become good?

Attachments

• 05893644-FD62-494D-AA06-2F65CABB9B4D.jpeg
    05893644-FD62-494D-AA06-2F65CABB9B4D.jpeg
    673.8 KB · Views: 445
  • 35896674-3768-4FFA-B31C-7B18C2C527B5.jpeg
    35896674-3768-4FFA-B31C-7B18C2C527B5.jpeg
    711.6 KB · Views: 445
  • 2D3D4A2F-FF74-42E1-AE53-312D3CA3D7E9.jpeg
    2D3D4A2F-FF74-42E1-AE53-312D3CA3D7E9.jpeg
    692.1 KB · Views: 433
Glad to have you back! We were building around the same time.

Will the bottom of the pool be above the existing grade? That's not common and would require soil engineer testing after compaction to ensure proper compaction. Or is the dirt just there ahead of time for backfilling?

Looking forward to seeing plans and following along.

Glad to have you back! We were building around the same time.

Will the bottom of the pool be above the existing grade? That's not common and would require soil engineer testing after compaction to ensure proper compaction. Or is the dirt just there ahead of time for backfilling?

Looking forward to seeing plans and following along.
Pool bottom will be marginally below current grade. Just getting dirt to build everything up.

You’ve been speaking to Martin. Now I’m intrigued.
Lol. Mine won’t hold a candle to his. But I did borrow a few ideas. Scaled down, and likely somewhat neutered.
It will be interesting to see how much we change from the current plan. Hoping for a rendering I can share soon.

Spoke with the owner of the company for a solid hour over the weekend. He’s reworking the plans a little. Cost is going the wrong direction. But you only die once. Or something like that.

should have a purdy 3D dohickey soon.

can say, 3.5-5.5depth, Pentair everything including automation. Chlorine/acid infusion vs SWCG. Swim/walk up bar with sunken kitchen. Infinity edge to the ocean. Hot tub, cause hot tub=happy me
I hope to add a split faced building to the front of it all but I’m thinking that will be stage 2 of the build.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Spoke with the owner of the company for a solid hour over the weekend. He’s reworking the plans a little. Cost is going the wrong direction. But you only die once. Or something like that.

should have a purdy 3D dohickey soon.

can say, 3.5-5.5depth, Pentair everything including automation. Chlorine/acid infusion vs SWCG. Swim/walk up bar with sunken kitchen. Infinity edge to the ocean. Hot tub, cause hot tub=happy new.
I hope to add a split faced building to the front of it all but I’m thinking that will be stage 2 of the build.
Ben,
With all these great features, your surprised the price is going up? LOL!! Can't wait to see the progress

Betting brushpup will appear soon. He loves it when I talk dirt.

having issues attaching this.

Attachments

• New pool position 2.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 171
Last edited:
I can see this one!! I love the shape! Very different and nice!

The one thing I want you to think about is the raised spa. It is only 9" so that will not be too high but it might block the view of the pool from the house. Just want you to think about that in case you have not yet.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: mrcarcrazy
good call. I need to look at the location in relation to the window that faces that direction. Only two windows face that side on the first floor. One is glass block (closer to front of house). The other one...currently that window has a couch running across it and we only only open the shades on the top 1/2 currently. That may change when we won’t see the dirt road and our neighbors wall. Good catch! I hadn’t really thought about that. I honestly thought “9 inches, that’s not nearly enough”. But then thought it might be easier to get in and out of. Not sure. Thoughts?

I can see this one!! I love the shape! Very different and nice!

The one thing I want you to think about is the raised spa. It is only 9" so that will not be too high but it might block the view of the pool from the house. Just want you to think about that in case you have not yet.

Kim:kim:

I am betting most people will sit on the edge and swing their legs in and out. I would almost require them to sit and turn instead of stepping on the edge tile as it may be very slippery.

Find a board you can cut to 9" and set it up where the spa will be. Look out your window AND sit where the patio will be. Does it block much of the sight line to where the pool will be?

I am betting most people will sit on the edge and swing their legs in and out. I would almost require them to sit and turn instead of stepping on the edge tile as it may be very slippery.

Find a board you can cut to 9" and set it up where the spa will be. Look out your window AND sit where the patio will be. Does it block much of the sight line to where the pool will be?
I’ll do that this evening.

curious on thoughts regarding small pebble vs quartz. They are the same price.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.