Polywood Furniture

Hey everyone! Happy Monday!!! We are finally close to pool season up here in Indiana! This will be our first pool season and we are really excited and in the renovation/refurbishing stage. We are replacing the liner with a grey liner to make the pool more modern (the one we have now is 30 years old!), cutting out the loose concrete around the plastic coping and filling it in with a uniform border and replacing our pool pump with a variable speed pump. Once that is all finished we will be ready to enjoy the pool but I'm doing research on the pool furniture. My goals are for it to be left outside all winter, be heavy enough that 50 mph winds won't blow it away and for it to be somewhat stylish. We are strongly considering the Polywood furniture. It's pricey but seems like the best option for our low maintenance goals. Does anyone have any pictures or experience they can share with us on this product or similar products? THANKS A BUNCH!
It's a good product BUT DONT BUY WHITE...its a nightmare to keep clean. Had to buy a power washer and keep covers on when not in use. The dirt gets embedded in the fake grain. Darker colors still get dirty but it doesn't show as much. Try Highwood also. Looks more like wood and stays cleaner.IMG_3794.jpg

Last edited:
It's a good product BUT DONT BUY WHITE...its a nightmare to keep clean. Had to buy a power washer and keep covers on when not in use. The dirt gets embedded in the fake grain. Darker colors still get dirty but it doesn't show as much. Try Highwood also. Looks more like wood and stays cleaner.View attachment 335755
The white looks so nice with the blue, though! Love your setup. Good thing I have a power washer, sounds like I'll need it. I have a fairly large deck made with similar material (wolf) but it is dark grey and certainly hides dirt more than white would. I looked at Highwood and it looks really nice. Many sold out pieces of course! Maybe I'll try it for when I'm ready to get a table. The nantucket blue is gorgeous

51835E99-27B6-4C97-B9C2-B3DE373D1D1C.jpeg
I also have four more Adirondack chairs in navy and white and the side tables on another part of deck. The navy cushions get HOT! So something to keep in mind if ordering a dark color if you don’t have shade for them. I have tan seat cushions for the chairs but we never really use them. I leave the furniture out all winter and it’s fine even with ice and snow (and we get feet of snow). That’s primarily why I went with Poly, so I wouldn’t have to store it and we could use year round. It cleans up very easily, I currently hose it off once a day because of all the pollen. My teenagers assembled it. They found the instructions easy to follow.

Tomorrow is the first day that my order might ship. The shipping window is June 15-June 29. Still no patio to put them on. Was hoping this week the patio and rocking would get done but probably not till next week.

I also don't have a patio. We are waiting on pavers. Our polywood pallet has been sitting in our garage... Some day, hopefully soon, we will get to see our furniture.
We have pavers but waiting for irrigation and landscaping to be completed it’s still to messy out for me to put the polywood out. 😵‍💫

Reactions: Snoobug
Order 2 of 4 has shipped and will arrive on Friday, several days before order 1 as order 2 shipped by FedEx and order 1 by freight. I think order 3 will ship the week after July 4. It’s shipping window is June 29-July 12. Order 4 was entered around Memorial Day. It was a “quick” ship with ETA seven weeks. It shipping window is July 12 to July 26.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have 3 Polywood Adirondack chairs, the ones that are more squared off. I think it's called the Modern Adirondack? Anyways two of them went together great, the third must have been put together on the Monday following the superbowl because it came with two left arms, several missing screws, and pieces that don’t fit together snugly. It works but I need to have Polywood send me the correct arm and some replacement pieces. The chairs are very comfortable and sturdy.

For our main furniture we found a Teak “conversation set” with sunbrella cushions at Sam’s Club for several hundred dollars cheaper than anywhere else. Waiting on it to be delivered.

From my research the way to go is plastic resin/HDPE (Polywood) or Aluminum. If you want wood it seems Teak and Shorea will hold up the longest.

Reactions: allidb85
Couldn’t resist went a head and put my table together even though the pool is not finished we are close though. I was pleasantly surprised the chairs were already put together. So far I love it!!! Will look even better once pool and landscaping is complete BCAE9994-DEB5-48E1-9752-E281905D281E.jpeg

Last edited:
Could resist went a head and put my table together even though the pool is not finished we are close though. I was pleasantly surprised the chairs were already put together. So far I love it!!! Will look even better once pool and landscaping is complete View attachment 349630
I love your pavers!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Reactions: allidb85
Best investment you can make in pool furniture in my opinion. Especially living near the Gulf of Mexico. IMG_0206.jpg

Now here's your tip of the year. Yes, white does show dirt, tanning lotion, sweat .. you name it shows. Best cleaner we found that actually works?

images.jpg
It works better than anything else we've ever tried. In fact my wife uses it to clean the shower. It removes hard water stains and iron stains like a dream. Great on gutter stains and concrete. Just grab a pump up sprayer and go to town. Available at Lowes or Home Depot. We don't dilute it but the label says you can. Hasn't hurt the Travertine at all.

Best investment you can make in pool furniture in my opinion. Especially living near the Gulf of Mexico. View attachment 350681

Now here's your tip of the year. Yes, white does show dirt, tanning lotion, sweat .. you name it shows. Best cleaner we found that actually works?

View attachment 350682
It works better than anything else we've ever tried. In fact my wife uses it to clean the shower. It removes hard water stains and iron stains like a dream. Great on gutter stains and concrete. Just grab a pump up sprayer and go to town. Available at Lowes or Home Depot. We don't dilute it but the label says you can. Hasn't hurt the Travertine at all.
I love this stuff it’s gets grease stains from BBQ grills off pavers as well!

Shipment #3 - my deep seating and fire pit - shipped today. Will probably be delivered Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

All that is left ship a set of Adirondack chairs with a end table. They will probably ship the week of July 12. I have to say I am extremely pleased with the quality as well as most items arriving fully assembled and those that are not have minimal assembly required.

All of my furniture is slate gray and all cushions are natural(whitish).

Shipment #3 - my deep seating and fire pit - shipped today. Will probably be delivered Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

All that is left ship a set of Adirondack chairs with a end table. They will probably ship the week of July 12. I have to say I am extremely pleased with the quality as well as most items arriving fully assembled and those that are not have minimal assembly required.

All of my furniture is slate gray and all cushions are natural(whitish).
Please post pics when you get it set up!

Reactions: Indeeph2o
I got an email on June 29th that my order shipped. Estimated ship date was July 7-13. So about 1-1/2 weeks early. Now just waiting to hear from ODL on setting up delivery. Excited to get this stuff. Maybe, fingers crossed, they will call me today to arrange to deliver tomorrow and I will be able to have it all put together for the 4th! Not holding my breath though.

--Jeff

Reactions: Indeeph2o

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.