Polymers

Mango567

Apr 1, 2019
Florida
If you mistakenly added the bleach with cloromax, I understand it adds polymers. I know don't do it again, but what exactly will happen? Can I still swim? I don't have any foam. In about two months, we get our rainy season. All my chemical basically get washed out. Should I do something now? Or can I wait til mother nature helps with refills. I added about 180 oz of the bleach in a 12600 gal plaster in ground pool. Solar heat.

Salt water chlorine generated
Chlorine level 4
Fc 4
C.c O
ph 7.5
ta 100
Cyn 50
Calcium 450
Temp 82 f
Hayward 1.85. Vs pump
Cartridge filter
I have Taylor 2005 test kit

Welcome! :wave: The fact you only added a relatively small amount is probably not going to have a big impact. If it were, you would see the changes in the water. Now that you know, press-on with proper chemistry, testing, and of course using your SWG and/or supplementing with a different brand of regular bleach.

Don't forget to update your signature, read/save those Vital Links in my sig, and have a nice evening.

Welcome! :wave: The fact you only added a relatively small amount is probably not going to have a big impact. If it were, you would see the changes in the water. Now that you know, press-on with proper chemistry, testing, and of course using your SWG and/or supplementing with a different brand of regular bleach.

Don't forget to update your signature, read/save those Vital Links in my sig, and have a nice evening.

Thank you. Very fast reply. I will attempt to add all the proper info.

Hi there Mango :wave: I see you have the K-2005 test kit. So its missing a vital element which is the FAS-DPD tester for FC and CC. You can buy just that element and your kit will have everything we feel you need to test and maintain your pool best. See here --> FAS/DPD Chlorine & CC's test
Adding that element makes your kit the equivalent of the K-2006 which is good!

Happy Swimming!

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.