Colonel K0rn

May 26, 2021
Rincon, GA (near Savannah)
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Last Tuesday, I took my wife to the ER for illness, and she was admitted later that day, and had to have surgery. Her recovery time is 6-8 weeks. That being said, I have spent the past week with her in the hospital, coming home to change clothes and shower, and maybe take a nap. My two "adult" children were here at the house, keeping down the fort, but in the interim, I was only able to get to check the water once during the week, and added a good amount of CL to bring the levels up to 4 ppm. That was until Mother Nature decided to drop about 3" of rainfall on us the past two days.

I'm going to have to drain off some of the water in the pool, since it's overflowing the skimmer on the side. Forecast shows slight chances of rain the rest of the week with temps in the low 90's until Saturday with a 90% chance of rain. I was finally able to get out to the pool to run a test on it, and saw that I have very little FC remaining. I'm going to add 64 oz of CL tonight, but wanted to get some input on the rest of the results of my tests. I did a 60% drain & fill of my pool 2 weeks ago because my CYA was well over 100; now it's around 30, and I have to say, the water looks better than it has in a while. I just need to vacuum it, along with other outside work that has been put off for the past week, as well as other parental responsibilities. I'm curious that with the additional rainfall in the forecast, hitting the pool with another 32 oz of 31.45% MA shouldn't have too much of a detrimental effect on the pH, or am I off point here? I haven't measured the specific reaction to my pool water with rainfall before, since I've converted to the TFP way of maintenance.

FC 0.5 (added 64 oz of 10% bleach after testing, because that result is not gonna cut it!!:whistle:)
CC 0.0
pH 7.8
TA 170
CH 100
CYA 30
74° at 12:05 AM EST

Rainfall, unless of hurricane proportions that inundate a pool with flooding, has little effect on water chemistry.

Regularly adding chlorine is best.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.