Polaris VRX iQ+

So after 1st day, I opened the iaqualink app, and select my robotic cleaner and keep getting message, " iaqualink keeps stopping. " the robot started cleaning on the schedule ok. And after 3 cleaning cycles this is what the cord looks like. So then the app started working again as normal 2 hours later on.

Attachments

• 20200520_105810.jpg
    20200520_105810.jpg
    626.3 KB · Views: 103
Thanks for that review. Was the remote control form the phone very easy to use. I've seen the separate stand alone remote (9550 Model) on a YouTube review and it seems a little awkward to work with. So "all in" about $1,425 seems to be the is the best deal out there right now?

Reactions: Fishy1234
Thanks for that review. Was the remote control form the phone very easy to use. I've seen the separate stand alone remote (9550 Model) on a YouTube review and it seems a little awkward to work with. So "all in" about $1,425 seems to be the is the best deal out there right now?
Once the phone is setup, paired. Wifi etc., then its working good. I realized today that you cannot do any scheduling without the phone App. For some dumb reason they built it this way, and if I knew about it before purchasing I would not buy. For instance, My wife does not own a smartphone, does not use a computer so she can only do a daily push of the button on the machine for operation.

I think all the robots are like this with schedules...it is always through the app. This is better than the Dolphin M600 in that you can actually select different programs from the control box. The remote on the phone is a little awkward to use, but there is also a "spot clean" mode in the app which is quite useful...you can put the robot in the general area of some dirt and it will clean in a certain radius of the spot you stopped it in.

Just bought the VRX IQ yesterday. Dropped it in the pool and let it do it’s thing. This is my first robot and it did a great job. Cord had some twists but no tangles. I scheduled it to perform the smart clean each morning at 7 am just to test it out. This morning it wasn’t cleaning and said next scheduled cleaning is tomorrow. Maybe it is something I did as all the other functions are working perfect. So far, loving this thing. Anyone got any ideas as to what I did wrong with the scheduling?

Just bought the VRX IQ yesterday. Dropped it in the pool and let it do it’s thing. This is my first robot and it did a great job. Cord had some twists but no tangles. I scheduled it to perform the smart clean each morning at 7 am just to test it out. This morning it wasn’t cleaning and said next scheduled cleaning is tomorrow. Maybe it is something I did as all the other functions are working perfect. So far, loving this thing. Anyone got any ideas as to what I did wrong with the scheduling?
Not sure what went wrong. Hopefully your schedule for tomorrow will work. Of course the obvious things, date. Time, month, are set right.
Mine is the VRX-iq+ and works great. The first day my cord had some turns in it but now it stays straight, even when the robot does a 360 turn the swivel thing keeps the cord straight. One thing I did was play with the swivel thing and noticed a tight spot on 1/2 a turn but I managed to get it free so its turning freely now. Also laid the new cord on the pool deck in a straight line for a few hours to get the curls out.

Reactions: justdahl81

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not sure what went wrong. Hopefully your schedule for tomorrow will work. Of course the obvious things, date. Time, month, are set right.
Mine is the VRX-iq+ and works great. The first day my cord had some turns in it but now it stays straight, even when the robot does a 360 turn the swivel thing keeps the cord straight. One thing I did was play with the swivel thing and noticed a tight spot on 1/2 a turn but I managed to get it free so its turning freely now. Also laid the new cord on the pool deck in a straight line for a few hours to get the curls out.

i don’t recall setting the date/time/month when I set it up. I also can’t find it in my settings anywhere. The only thing I can find is when I set the schedule to pick the day of the week and the time to start.

I picked up the VRX iQ+ yesterday morning, and have run it several times since. Pretty impressed, I’ll share my initial impressions below. My pool is brand new (just filled it last Thursday) but there is a lot of construction around us and windy days have brought plenty of dust into the pool so the robot has had plenty to do.

• Setup and getting going out of the box was straight forward and easy. Was very glad it comes with a caddy, quickly put together without any extra tools.
  • I took time to straighten out the power cable along the deck and untwisting any curls before putting it in the water. So far no problems with tangles.
  • Connecting to my WiFi was simple. I’m using an iPhone, and the app made a Bluetooth connection first and then used that to configure WiFi. I connected it to my secure IoT WiFi network and it’s working great.
  • The mobile app is pretty simple... I expected it to be more detailed and have more features, provide data or even telemetry but it basically just allows you to select the cleaning mode, start & stop cleaning, displays the time remaining and water temperature, but otherwise it does not give any more info/data about the robots process. There is a scheduling feature (kind of rudimentary, you have to configure each day of the week individually), and a remote control to directly drive the robot and tell it to do spot cleaning.
  • Driving the robot with the mobile app is pretty bad. The lag and controls make it quite frustrating. I don’t see myself ever using that feature other that perhaps positioning the robot to do a spot clean.
  • The blue lights are pretty cool at night. There is no functional benefit of them other than it was cool in the dark to see the robot move around below the water with the pool lights off. It was nice to peek at my security camera in the middle of the night and see it was still working.
  • The default filter is pretty fine, and it is picking up the fine dust around the edges of the pool just fine.
  • The robot is heavy lifting it out of the water, need to be patient and let it drain. Otherwise it isn’t too heavy to carry around and the caddie makes it pretty simple.
  • The robot started on it’s schedule just fine this morning, so that feature seems to work fine for me.
My biggest wish would be for it to provide historical data and information on its cleaning cycles. Certainly a $1500 robot should be able to post it’s data to a web page in the cloud or in the app so you can keep track of previous runs, efficiency, etc.

I haven’t used any other pool robots before, but based on other robotic equipment I’ve used, this robot seems over priced. That opinion may change as I experience good durability and results over time. I don’t have any remorse in buying it (only been 24 hours), but for example compared to my DJI drone of similar price point, I expected more accessible automation intelligence.

does the Polaris VRX-IQ+ come with the ultra fine filter? I get a lot of sand in the pool because of no stone work, this was the year I was going to get them then the pandemic hit and now Ill wait till next year, don't want to give up the yard since the pool and backyard time is all the kids do these days.

Based on the parts list on the Leslie’s website the unit comes with multiple filters one is the ultra fine can anyone confirm? It’s part Number 21, but the manual only shows it comes with the general purpose filter.

BAA81529-ADFF-4849-B600-4548B292B7A0.png

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.