Polaris Alpha iQ+ vs 9650iQ Sport for Robotic Pool Cleaner (with promos)

Phasers

Mar 9, 2020
Dallas, TX
Hi all,

I am in the process of remodeling my pool (see previous post for details), and have decided to replace my booster pump / Polaris 3900 combo with a new robotic cleaner.

It seems Polaris is doing their Polaris days this weekend for extra 10% off their robots, and they have an extra $125 mail in rebate on the Polaris Alpha iQ+ as well as the Polaris 9650iQ Sport.

In addition is seems both come with a free Blueriiot Smart Water Analyzer, a "$350 value".

Finally, the Alpha iQ+ also comes with a free Polaris Robotic Pool Cleaner Cover. For this reason alone, I am leaning towards the Alpha iQ+ as both are the same price.

Does anyone have experience with either and can anyone share their recommendations?

Thank you all!

Reactions: Fishy1234
Definitely go with the Alpha IQ+ as it has the more advanced navigation system and all of the other features of the 9650iq...I am not sure of any advantages the the 9650iq has over the Alpha IQ+. I wouldn't put too much faith in that water analyzer...the ph/chlorine dropper test is cheap and takes a less than a minute to do...I would be weary of dosing chemicals based on what that analyzer says as ph meters need to be recalibrated pretty often.

Definitely go with the Alpha IQ+ as it has the more advanced navigation system and all of the other features of the 9650iq...I am not sure of any advantages the the 9650iq has over the Alpha IQ+. I wouldn't put too much faith in that water analyzer...the ph/chlorine dropper test is cheap and takes a less than a minute to do...I would be weary of dosing chemicals based on what that analyzer says as ph meters need to be recalibrated pretty often.

Honestly I was thinking of just reselling it to try and recoup some of the cleaner cost ;)

I’m intrigued by the deal but don’t see the extra 10% off? I singed up for the email for the deal but don’t see the extra 10% off

The extra 10% off is during the “Polaris days” promotion. Look on their site to see who near you is having the promotion. It may be Leslies, in which case they sell an identical model (except for color) called the VRX iq+

I got the VRX IQ+, it is the Leslie's Pool version of the Alpha. Getting it during the Polaris Days sales disqualifies you for the $125 rebate since the price is under the $1499.99 minimum :(. I still should get a free cover though

I got it during a polaris days sale in April at Leslies and I already got the rebate and the cover (the chemical analyzer was not offered back then). The store has to give you a code you need to enter during the rebate application which allows for the rebate despite the lower sale price.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What is the cover? I can't imagine that's great since it would attract insects/spiders to nest under it. I keep mine on the included stand under the deck never had an issue.

It is a nylon cover that goes over the robot and caddy. Now that I have it I keep the robot covered up on the pool deck. It will protect from direct sunlight and rain since the control box is supposed to be kept out of the rain.

I checked the rebate form and you can get this deal right now, whats the big deal on "the polaris day" if you can get 10 off and the rebate then its a deal the cover is and chem analyse is nice but when your paying 1500 for a cleaner when there is many alternatives in this economy its not such a great deal. I'm looking at finally getting a cleaner, and though this was a good deal might just go with the nautilus cc

The extra 10% off is during the “Polaris days” promotion. Look on their site to see who near you is having the promotion. It may be Leslies, in which case they sell an identical model (except for color) called the VRX iq+

Polaris Days promos still qualify you for the rebate.

Ended up getting the Alpha IQ+ and already submitted the rebate online. Had an issue with the promo code from Polaris days being recognized, but a quick call to customer service and the rebate was approved manually.

Now, where can I sell my 3900 sport lol

I got the VRX IQ+, it is the Leslie's Pool version of the Alpha. Getting it during the Polaris Days sales disqualifies you for the $125 rebate since the price is under the $1499.99 minimum :(. I still should get a free cover though
I called the company and they promised me that I would still get the 125 rebate. On the form for registration online it automatically takes you to the rebate section, no special codes required is what they told me. Call the 800 number.

I tried the Blueriiot yesterday since it was freely sent to me due to Polaris VRX purchase. After connecting everything to bluetooth, and wifi I was unable to get a water measurement even with bluetooth mode. I suspect that an account needs to be established in which you pay $39.99, or $69.99 per year. Reluctant to put my credit card on file, even though the 1st year is complimentary, so I gave up. My neighbor seemed interested in the device so I gave it to him.

I tried the Blueriiot yesterday since it was freely sent to me due to Polaris VRX purchase. After connecting everything to bluetooth, and wifi I was unable to get a water measurement even with bluetooth mode. I suspect that an account needs to be established in which you pay $39.99, or $69.99 per year. Reluctant to put my credit card on file, even though the 1st year is complimentary, so I gave up. My neighbor seemed interested in the device so I gave it to him.

You're nicer than I am lol.

I got my cover in the mail this week, very quick. Still no $125 nor Blueriiot yet.

Received the Ultra Fine filter basket today and after running 2 times quick clean mode, the filter basket was caked with mud. So finally a good working robotic cleaner. I give my recommendation for the Polaris VRX-IQ.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.