Polaris Alpha iQ+ vs 9650iQ Sport for Robotic Pool Cleaner (with promos)

I got it off ebay from poolsuplyworld the Ultra fine barley lets the water pass through even when it clean filling it up with a water I see it really retain the fluid not allowing it to pass through,. The cloth filter really is able to hold the liquid. Just wondering if I got a defective one or that normal?

Reactions: Fishy1234
I got it off ebay from poolsuplyworld the Ultra fine barley lets the water pass through even when it clean filling it up with a water I see it really retain the fluid not allowing it to pass through,. The cloth filter really is able to hold the liquid. Just wondering if I got a defective one or that normal?
Not sure what you are getting from Ebay but the ultra fine filter basket from Polaris works great. It's a plastic screen not cloth.

Reactions: mickey4paws
Got my ultra-fine filter the other day and I am impressed with how well it cleans. I thought the fine filter was doing a great job, but the ultra-fine takes it to another level of clean.

Curious for those using the ultra-fine filter if your robot is like mine and can’t swim up and do the waterline tile any longer. It can do the lower part of the walls, but with the ultra-fine filter it doesn’t seem to get enough propulsion to swim up. Same fo the lift out feature, I have to help it get up to the top to pull it out of the water.

On the good side, the amount of dirt the ultra-fine filter traps is very impressive. I put the regular filter in when I want to do the walls and title, but usually I just run the floor only mode on High with the ultra-fine. Working great!

My ultra fine filter is more like plastic than cloth. My robot is behaving more like zezrums robot with the ultra fine. But with the stock filter it’s Acts normal. The only thing is after I shock the pool with the ultra fine filter I have to clean it much more often because the dead grey algae cakes the ultra fine and I need to clean it out more often. I just wanted to know if anyone else is having the same issue? I don’t know if something if wrong with the ultra fine or should I buy the fine filter might pick up thE dead algae and still respond like it supposed to with less For me to clean out the filter. Right now the I read that everyone loves ultra fine I’m not having the same results. Just wanted to know if I got a bad one?

My ultra fine filter is more like plastic than cloth. My robot is behaving more like zezrums robot with the ultra fine. But with the stock filter it’s Acts normal. The only thing is after I shock the pool with the ultra fine filter I have to clean it much more often because the dead grey algae cakes the ultra fine and I need to clean it out more often. I just wanted to know if anyone else is having the same issue? I don’t know if something if wrong with the ultra fine or should I buy the fine filter might pick up thE dead algae and still respond like it supposed to with less For me to clean out the filter. Right now the I read that everyone loves ultra fine I’m not having the same results. Just wanted to know if I got a bad one?
I run with ultrafine and clean it after each time. Sometimes every other run. It works slightly slower than with the General purpose filter, but not zigzagging.

Curious for those using the ultra-fine filter if your robot is like mine and can’t swim up and do the waterline tile any longer. It can do the lower part of the walls, but with the ultra-fine filter it doesn’t seem to get enough propulsion to swim up. Same fo the lift out feature, I have to help it get up to the top to pull it out of the water.

On the good side, the amount of dirt the ultra-fine filter traps is very impressive. I put the regular filter in when I want to do the walls and title, but usually I just run the floor only mode on High with the ultra-fine. Working great!
I’m not having that issue. I clean out the filter each time I watched it climb walls today and it lifted out right to the top today.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.