Plugging a saddle clamp hole

Why not leave the old sensor in the hole with a worm clamp around it?

This is actually a clamp that can be unscrewed and removed?

Cut a coupling in half lengthwise and glue it over the hole. Use a hose clamp to secure it and let the glue dry overnight. You'll probably have to take a scraper or a file or sandppaper (I used a dremel tool) to remove the bump at the middle so it will sit flush.

This is actually a clamp that can be unscrewed and removed?

Cut a coupling in half lengthwise and glue it over the hole. Use a hose clamp to secure it and let the glue dry overnight. You'll probably have to take a scraper or a file or sandppaper (I used a dremel tool) to remove the bump at the middle so it will sit flush.
Yes, it is. I can completely remove the clamp. Good idea on the coupling. Thanks! I'm surprised there isn't a rubber/pvc plug/gasket though..... This will be the next best thing.

Home Depot, Ace and Lowe's all of various products to seal plumbing leaks. Most have a rubber gasket that is secured with a clamp. Probably similar to the clamp you are removing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.