Please I can't get my pool to be Clear and it's been 2 weeks!

Okay sweet, I also see that my fc calculation with the pool math app says add 2 gallons to get it to 12 fc from 6 fc. I did that and I tested an hour and a half later and it was 21fc and my cc was 0 ?? also I'm guess my fc calculation is off because I'm not at 30 cya yet since I can only get to the sock every 2 hours.

Last edited:
Make sure the bleach percentage on the app matches the bleach you're using. Otherwise, is it possible your pool volume is less than 33K gallons? CYA level would have no effect on the FC test.

I'm finally going to vacuum pool at the deep end since I have time but, look at the shallow end! I havent done an official OCLT but I tested it at 11pm and at 7 and there was no loss of chlorine. So am I done after I vacuum?

Here is the thing I'm pretty sure my filter is much older than I was told it was when I bought the house. Because I cant go 2min without this filter going to 20psi. When I had it 2 years ago it was 10psi normal. I clean with a power washer on super low rinse and it is only at 16psi. Idk what to do besides get another 300 dollar filter. Would clarifier work? Because my pool is getting cloudy again and I only did a quarter of my pool, granted it was a thick layer of sludge at the bottom. Or even a filter cleaner

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That is what to shoot for 100%, I just bought new filters that come Wednesday as im almost 100% certain this is my problem with the extremely slow start up as well as terrible flow and filtering in this pool. My filter is trying its best but it just can't handle the stress that the new one can.

I don't know much about cartridge filters, but I'm fairly sure you don't want to use clarifiers with this type of filter. I bet your filter is clogging because it's doing what it's supposed to be doing...removing stuff. I'll give you a bump for some more advice regarding your filter.

Looks like you're making great progress!

I use a cellulose fiber based DE alternative such as Jack's Filter Fiber Stuff in my cartridge filters. Dose according to instructions. Not only does it filter the water more thoroughly, but it makes cleaning the cartridges easier. Gunk sticks to the fiber, not the filter media.

DE is diatomaceous earth, and has the consistency of fine powder. It is the exoskeletal remains of diatoms, ocean dwelling microorganisms. Filter Fiber Stuff is a cellulose fiber used as replacement for DE. Better for the environment and lessens the chance of respiratory illness. Using the recommended amount based on the square footage of the filter coats the cartridge media reducing the filter pore size and increasing the filter's efficiency. Not sure I would want to use DE with a cartridge system as it is so fine it may plug the cartridges.

Yup water still not crystal clear, I'm really starting to think it's this filter, new one comes Wednesday.

Update: why does my pool look clearer in some areas compared to others? Pictures below go from top to bottom.
Top:Deep end by diving board.
Middle: deep end
Bottom: shallow end
20190616_191033.jpg20190616_191021.jpg20190616_190956.jpg

Last edited:
Update just changed my filter and holy cow is there actual flow in my pool! So im still slamming as my pool and am going to oclt tonight and see where we go from there! Next question is how do I maintain my pool without an automatic chlorine feeder? Can I use those 3" chlorine tablets or stay away from them? Also do I need to shock my pool every week and add algaecide like I used to?

Nope, none of that is needed. See this link for ongoing maintenance using our methods.

After a bit some of the daily testing you can drop to every other day as you start to get a feel for what your pool needs.

Tablets can be used if you're going out of town or something to keep chlorine levels up, but it will add CYA to your pool so you want to use them sparingly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.