Please Help with My First Trouble Free Attempt

Kim, Richard, thanks!

That one will be easy. Both returns are in the shallow end and don't have adjustable eyelets. Interestingly, most of the sediment on the bottom is near the jets in the shallow end. Maybe it is coming back through the filter?

Do you suggest eyelets?

Richard, you are full of good ideas.

I will get 2 inlets for the returns and then I can test this. Right now the return come straight from the wall with nothing outside the wall to put a rubber band around.

I am out of town until Tuesday night. I will play with the pool some more when I return. My wife will put bleach in the pool 2x a day while I'm gone. That is the limit of her involvement in pool stuff.

I continue to turn this into an adventure. Read in another thread about the great price on Ausitin's pool bleach at Weis Market.

Brought a case. Just poured an entire jug in the pool and realized after that it was Algaecide! I hope my error won't set me back too far in this process.

The pool looks great! Will try an OCLT test tomorrow night I think.

Hello all,

Kim, Lisa, DV thanks!

I have been trying to fins a way to add inlets to my returns, but no luck. I have 2 1" pvc return pipes. Can't find a return inlet that fits.

This evening I noticed bubbles on the pool surface? Any clue what that could be? I added bleach earlier today and they magically appeared!

Hoping to do an OCLT test tonight...fingers crossed

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lisa, thanks. The 1" pipe is not threaded if you have some ideas. Looks like something may have been attached to the returns at some point. The plaster is a little beat up around the returns.

Kat, I looked through my growing bleach bottle collection and I didn't see splashless. Intersting... I also looked at the algaecide I accidentally used...4.98% alkyl, .02% dialkyl and 95% inert ingredients....all foreign to me.

But the good news...I passed the OCLT test! Pool is clear...can pass Richard's screwhead test!

I appreciate all the help with this!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.