Please help me with my quote

Nov 28, 2018
Michigan
Finally decided on a contractor we feel comfortable with. Quote was very competitive and we plan on moving forward with him. Would appreciate any help on this quote, it is so new to me I have no idea what to look for. Any suggestions or questions I should be asking before finalizing?

16x32 Vinyl pool w/ 2' radius
Walk-in steps
Pump Size US Omni 500
Permits included
Excavate hole and removal 100%

All Included
Filter cart-sized
Pre-cast equipment pad
Auto timer
Pool chemical startup kit
Maintenance kit
Manual vacuum system
Salt water system w/ adjustable chlorine feeder
Equipment pad

Return to deck grab rail (stainless steel)
Cups, escutcheons & anchors
Skimmer return
All plumbing parts 40'
8" sump crock
liquid solar cover
Winter cover & Water bags
Electrical hook up allowance of 90' (requires 3 open breakers)

Two water loads
2 color changing LED Lights
Gas fired pool heater

48" metal fence @ 26 sq. foot
4'concrete surround w/ brush finish

Does not include

solar reel
auto chlorinator
cantilevered coping

Extra $5000 Are these worth the extra 5k?
Tiger Shark auto vac
PX100 Transformer
Aquaplus-20 automation with Wi-Fi control and salt option
Variable speed pump

Looking at your list, here are some things I would highlight to help get the discussion going:
- Update your state (Davison where?)
- How many gallons pool?
- Omni 500 … which one? The speed and horsepower.
- Salt water system … confirm brand (Hayward) and what size?
- Equip pad listed twice? Different purpose or the same?
- Two water loads - you on a well in Davison? If so, please add that to your signature.
- Heater size/capacity?

Robotic cleaners are becoming the new standard as opposed to suction/pressure cleaner. However I'm not familiar with the Tiger Shark performance. You might do some searching here on the forum. I'm old school without automation, so I'll have to let others provide you some suggestions on that one. :) As for a variable speed pump, if all you have is a simple pool set-up without lots of bells & whistles (no spa, waterfall, bubblers, etc) then a simple 2-speed will suffice. You definitely want to avoid a single speed motor at all costs. As for the extras, even if you decide not to get them now, perhaps consider having additional conduit ran for future upgrades?

Hope that helps get your discussion going.

Thanks for responding. I will do my best to answer these questions.

- Update your state (Davison where?) Davison, Michigan

- How many gallons pool? 18,600
- Omni 500 … which one? The speed and horsepower. Variable speed 1HP
- Salt water system … confirm brand (Hayward) and what size? Hayward Aquarite 900. Can't find the size listed on the spec sheet.
- Equip pad listed twice? Different purpose or the same? Should only be listed once.
- Two water loads - you on a well in Davison? If so, please add that to your signature. Not on a well City water.
- Heater size/capacity? Summit XL112 (230V) Up to 112,000 BTU

Thanks for the updates. The 1 HP VSP should work fine for your application. If however you feel additional water features may be installed (bubblers, fountain, etc,) then you might consider a 1.5 HP. As for the Aquarite 900 series, their website shows 3 models. We generally recommend getting one that will serve twice the capacity of your pool to help prolong the life of the SWG cell, so you might keep that in mind. We can have one of our hydraulic experts review the pump recommendation just to confirm.

"Electrical hook up allowance of 90' (requires 3 open breakers)" makes me think they are going to run everything from your existing panel. The usual way for a pool is to run 50 amp service to your equipment pad to sub-panel and run everything from that sub-panel. This would require 2 open breaker positions next to each other on your main panel. Clarify this with your builder. Since you have a gas heater, you don't need a lot of electric but you might want to have them run enough to add a heat pump at a later date if you decide to do this. Running a new line after the fact would be around $2k-$3k. It should cost almost nothing extra to have done now. Then it is future-proof.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.