Please Help-Green, Hazy Water and Zero Free Chlorine since 5/18/15 =-(

Thanks! Just tested - FC 30x.5 = 15 FC and CC = 0
CYA is 50 ppm right now.
It's very subjective - I filled the small bottle with pool water up to the 7 and then the acid on top of that up to the 14 - waited 30 sec and then squirted into the holder with the black dot till you can't see it.
If I do 29 in the pool math for the FC, it says to add 238 oz or 29 cups - is that right?

- update 8:15 - (I put in the 238 oz of bleach) can't concentrate - my youngest 22 months - is on her 3rd "bad bathroom" - don't know what's going on there! ugh.
Thanks
Jen

Ok, so right before I left for Ohio trip, the forum site wasn't working - it said site reached its size. I'm glad that it is up and running again! I'm testing the water now, I have to go and get the sand that came in to the store so I will do sand change today meanwhile, the pool looks good - minus the brown on the bottom. I will post pics and test results.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jen, I noticed your CYA was 50 before you left. Today you day it is 80. Did you float pucks while you were gone?

Remember that if your CYA is 80 then you have to use a new SLAM level look at the chart and target to SLAM level for 80 CYA

Jen, I noticed your CYA was 50 before you left. Today you day it is 80. Did you float pucks while you were gone?

Remember that if your CYA is 80 then you have to use a new SLAM level look at the chart and target to SLAM level for 80 CYA

I had added bleach before I left - and set the pool timer to run 6 am to 12 each day. There are pucks in the chlorinator. So slam level should be back to 20? If so, then adding 1 gallon is enough for now.
Thank you!

I had added bleach before I left - and set the pool timer to run 6 am to 12 each day. There are pucks in the chlorinator. So slam level should be back to 20?

Take the pucks out as they have raised your CYA. You can either lower CYA by doing partial drains and refills until it gets back to 50 or you can stay at 80 and your new SLAM target will be 31 instead of 20.

Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

Since I have to change out the sand, won't that lower the water and have me add water in that process?

I don't think it will lower it enough to lower CYA much.

How about if once you have the sands changed and filled to pool to where you want the water level you test CYA again and then we can go from there.just post the new CYA reading and I an help you know what SLAM level to target.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget to take the pucks out

I don't think it will lower it enough to lower CYA much.

How about if once you have the sands changed and filled to pool to where you want the water level you test CYA again and then we can go from there.just post the new CYA reading and I an help you know what SLAM level to target.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget to take the pucks out

Okay, sounds like a good plan. Thank YOU

Lisa has you covered. I don't think that taking the sand out will lower the water enough to change your CYA but we will see when you are done.

Vacuum-Are you getting a manual one or??? Do a search on the search box and you will find all kinds of posts about vacuums and such!

Kim

Okay, took a long time to do the filter sand change but it's done. I took photos of the inside of the filter - there is this thick brown goop at the top - which is the stuff I was finding in the pool. Not sure what it is.... Hopefully it will not return.
New counts:
CC=0
CYA = 80
FC=15
Going to add bleach to the pool math of target 30 - so adding 2 gallons of bleach - letting filter run all night. Couldn't find a vacuum and stores closed - used my Dolphin. I took the skimmer sock out too. We'll see what the counts are in the AM.
http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww258/jenmazz/IMG_8175_zpswpcvg1of.jpg
http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww258/jenmazz/IMG_8174_zpstix8zo0p.jpg
PS: b/c it is so very late and I didn't get done doing all this till late, I figured since the CYA didn't change I'd do the 30 target.

Okay, took a long time to do the filter sand change but it's done. I took photos of the inside of the filter - there is this thick brown goop at the top - which is the stuff I was finding in the pool. Not sure what it is.... Hopefully it will not return.
New counts:
CC=0
CYA = 80
FC=15
Going to add bleach to the pool math of target 30 - so adding 2 gallons of bleach - letting filter run all night. Couldn't find a vacuum and stores closed - used my Dolphin. I took the skimmer sock out too. We'll see what the counts are in the AM.
http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww258/jenmazz/IMG_8175_zpswpcvg1of.jpg
http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww258/jenmazz/IMG_8174_zpstix8zo0p.jpg
PS: b/c it is so very late and I didn't get done doing all this till late, I figured since the CYA didn't change I'd do the 30 target.

Glad you got the sand changed. Target SLAM level for CYA 80 is 31. So tomorrow target 31 instead of 30

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.