Please help above ground salt water pool.

Oct0puslungz

Apr 14, 2022
Florence, South Carolina
Hey all! I have scoured the internet and have found no answers. I bought a home in October. It came with an above ground pool with a salt water filter. I know NOTHING about pools. The previous owners had drained the pool. There are a lot of trees so a ton of debris in the pool it has maybe a foot of water left and is green. What should I do? After reading online I’m worried about cleaning it with no water and harming the liner. Should I fill the pool back up and then shock it? Or finish draining and clean the bottom, then fill and add chemicals? I have tried to get professional help to come and get me started with the pool. But in my area I can’t get a call back and the pool stores are way too overpriced.

Try to scoop as much of the solids out that you can, then refill. Order yourself a test kit now (Test Kits Compared) and pick up some liquid chlorine and stabilizer (cyanuric acid or CYA). Once you refill - check your water meter before you start and after you finish to get a rough estimate on volume - add 30ppm of stabilizer and follow the SLAM Process.

Post pictures!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.