Piles of ancient DE

The house I moved to 22 years ago had a pool and I have kept it up ever since. Up until 2 years ago I used a DE filter. The original owner was a do-it-yourself kind of guy and the filter just drained to the back of the cabana. So for 20 years i have been buying bags of DE and backwashing/draining to the back of the cabana having no idea that it could be a problem and there is a great amount of muddy DE far away in my back yard. My pool store guy told me that this is dangerous and I have to get rid of it. How dangerous is it and how should I get rid of it?

DE is a natural product and is often used as a pesticide to kill fleas and ticks in the yard.

It is micro sharp and breaks the shells on ticks and would be good to spread around a woodland area.

It is not good to breathe the dust, but if you have a tractor you could spread it in the woods.

You can read a lot about applications online.
B

DE is a natural product and is often used as a pesticide to kill fleas and ticks in the yard.

It is micro sharp and breaks the shells on ticks and would be good to spread around a woodland area.

It is not good to breathe the dust, but if you have a tractor you could spread it in the woods.

You can read a lot about applications online.
B

Thank you. My pool guy is talking like I have a particularly virulent form of asbestos in my back yard that I MUST dispose of before I can sell the house ( not that I am trying to sell). I will attempt to get rid of it but it is comforting to know that the situation is not desperate

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.